Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindymarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 05:17 PM
    I bleached my hair and it turned orange
    So my hair in dark brown. And I bleached it 7 times and it's still orange. My mom put toner in it, but it looks even more orange. What do I do ?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2011, 06:13 PM
    You need to use a stripper which strips out all color from your hair, then when you use a toner you need to use one with a neutral base otherwise you'll turn orange again. I have naturally brown hair but have now gone gray and don't even use a double process anymore. But one time (the first time) I did my hair I had to strip out all the color and then use a light blonde with a neutral base to achieve the right color or my hair would turn a weird color of brassy orange. Overbleaching 7 times is really hard on your hair. Would suggest you get a really good conditioner for your overprocessed hair. I would highly recommend L'Oreal Natural Conditioner in a 16 oz jar at about $14. A jar at Sally's Hair Store. I use this every time I shampoo and my hair is great and I get lots of compliments on my super light blonde hair! That stuff is amazing. Puts body into fine hair (like mine) and really does a good job of reconditioning overprocessed hair. Couldn't live without it.
    Amanda58 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Oct 25, 2011, 08:22 AM
    Some people cannot reach a light shade of blonde, because they have too much red pigment in their natural hair color. If you have bleached over the bleached hair, and used a 40 volume developer, you may put a plastic cap on the head and apply some heat for 15 minutes or so. If this doesn't work for you, I would just try to be happy being a brunette. Maybe add some highlites around your face... that always gives a lighter illusion, and brightens your look.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2011, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda58 View Post
    Some people cannot reach a light shade of blonde, because they have too much red pigment in their natural hair color. If you have bleached over the bleached hair, and used a 40 volume developer, you may put a plastic cap on the head and apply some heat for 15 minutes or so. If this doesn't work for you, I would just try to be happy being a brunette. Maybe add some highlites around your face....that always gives a lighter illusion, and brightens your look.
    If the person uses a double process they can achieve any color of blonde in their hair without the orange color. The double process works even on black hair to blonde hair. The 40 volume will literally strip all natural oils from your hair.
    kmaelan112 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2011, 04:02 PM
    It will sound nuts, but use a blonde shampoo, even if you're more in the brunette redhead range. Blonde shampoo keeps the brassier tones down and cools the color of the orange to a more natural look. I'm using kms colorvitality blonde shampoo and it's working pretty well, but I think other blonde shampoos would work. Or, you can take the route of using indigo shampoo. That will make your hair a little darker, but will also kill the orange quite a bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleached my hair orange! [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE READ BEFORE GIVING ADVICE. I need answers specific to my hair case. Thank you so much for your help. I was stupid and used a box bleach kit to lighten my hair. When it turned orange, I figured I just hadn't bleach it enough, so I bought another bleach box kit, and bleached it again. It...

I bleached my hair blonde, and it turned orange what do I do know? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so I have originally brown hair and I bleached apart of it blonde and it kind of turned a orange yellow color and now I don't know what to do. Do I keep bleaching? Or go to a salon HELP D:

I bleached my hair and it's orange? [ 0 Answers ]

Soooooo I have dark brown hair and I bleached strains of my hair and some of them are orange and some of them are blonde and then some are my natural hair color it looks really ugly and I don't know how to fix it... HELP

Bleached hair, turned orange/brassy, want to go back to dark brown asap. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I have pretty dark hair but not that dark, ( it has some red hue to it from the sun ) but I recently bleached 2 large sections of hair on each side of my head. I have already bleached it twice and ran out of bleach at the end because I have so much hair.. Anyway I'm left with pretty much...

I have bleached hair that has gone yellow/ orange help? [ 1 Answers ]

I have bleached hair that has gone yellow/ orange but want to be an ash blonde what can I use

View more questions Search