Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Guertac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Elite Dryer / Thermal Fuse Replacement
    My kenmore ELITE DRYER has stopped working.
    Will trouble shoot by replacing THERMAL FUSE.

The back PANEL does not seem removable.
    Is it to be taken off?

I have the PANEL and lid loosened, but cannot seem
    To oen the back.

Please advise.

John Esser
    buckeyeliz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 05:45 AM
    We are doing the same thing right now. Our elite dryer tumbles but won't heat. You need to go to the front of the dryer. Remove the kickplate under the dryer door. Use a putty knife to pry the too latches open then it flips down to the floor. Once inside, you'll see a box on your right with a coil inside. Attached to that box are three fuses along the left side wall of the box. Those are the fuses you want to test for continuity. Please let me know how this works. We are in an area where we do not have easy access to Kenmore parts, so it will be a few days before I can get mine fixed. [email protected]
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2011, 08:21 PM
    It is useless to replace thermal fuses without disassembling drier and cleaning it out. Just a cursory cleaning will not work; you have to really get in there and remove every part and clean them to restore it like new. THEN replace bad thermal fuses which are placed so you have to take drier apart to see the buildup. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locate thermal limiter in Frigidaire dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Where is the thermal limiter in my Frigidaire dryer. It is a Frigidaire Heavy Duty, model number FDE336RES2. It has tripped and needs to be replaced.

Replace Thermal Limiter on Frigidaire Dryer [ 8 Answers ]

Our Frigidaire Dryer will not turn on... According to the troubleshooting guide, we should replace the Thermal Limiter. I cannot figure out how to take the back of the dryer off to replace this part. Can you give me some very detailed instructions. Thanks. Natalie

Thermal Fuse [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool le2500xtw1 dryer, I bought used.it worked fine for about a month, then one day it would run but not heat. First thing I did was get a new element. But the problem was the thermal fuse was blown. The replacement package had a new thermostat as well as the fuse. After a few days of...

Magic chef electric dryer thermal cutoff [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Magic Chef electric dryer model # YE/YG225LV, the dryer runs but doesn't heat up. I had this problem before and the part # 279769 was replaced by my dad last year and that solved the problem. My dad recently has passed away, and I want to know how to replace this part again, and...

View more questions Search