Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pvny1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 08:54 AM
    Air not blowing out of a vent
    One of the vents in my room is not blowing hot air, when all others in my house are working fine. No air is blowing out of this vent. What would be the cause of it?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2011, 03:07 PM
    Are you sure it's a supply and not a return grill? Is there an adjustment lever? If it is a supply, there could be a duct damper that is closed. If the ductwork is spiral fiberglass, the duct could have collapsed or the inside could have come loose.
    pvny1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Thanks ma0641. Yes, it has the adj lever to open and close. I've been asking around and many people are saying it could be due to duct disconnect. I guess I have to make a advanturous trip to my dark attic..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2011, 07:16 PM
    I should have thought of that too. Look for rodent damage, I've fixed a number of them where squirrels have chewed them open. Not sure what is appetizing. Be careful and don't fall through, Brian

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C is blowing warm air/outside is blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman A/C for about 4 years, today my a/c started blowing warm and the outside unit is blowing cold air. Just last week I replace the filter and the a/c want out, the tech replace the capacitor because the fan went out. Now today the fan is working but the a/c is now blowing warm air...

Cold air vent blowing all the time [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a cold air return vent on the floor in my livingroom. For years we have noticed that the cold air return vent blows cold air into the house all day/night. We have had to put towels over it to keep the temperature in the house comfortable. We notice it mostly in the winter months. ...

Forced air blowing cold air out of one vent, warm out of others [ 1 Answers ]

We have a forced heating system and all of the rooms but one have warm air blowing out of the vents. Why would colder or cool air be blowing out of the vents in one room? Note that this room is much larger than the other bedrooms so I figured the force of the air might be split between two vents...

Furnace Heating : Cold air blowing from vent from one level/ Warm air in the other [ 1 Answers ]

Ours is a 2 level house (1995), both levels heated by the same furnace ( YORK Multiposition Gas-Fired Furnace MODEL P2MP 32-112 MBH OUTPUT) . We have two digital thermostats (Hunter Programmable type) located on each floor. We were out for a few days and when we came back the lower level is getting...

View more questions Search