Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dunia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Noma Thermostat
    Hi everybody, sooo happy to find you. My brother recently sent me a Noma Digital 7 Day thermostat. I'm pretty good at following instructions but I still think I managed to mess this one up. After removing my old mercury thermostat, I only found 2 wires, neither of which were labelled, just coloured white and red. Since we live in British Columbia, most homes (even new ones like ours) aren't built with air condition. I followed the 2 wire heating diagram (leaving in the jumper) but even after the house heats to the desired temp, I can still hear the fan and the heat running downstairs. I've tried turning the heat to off from the control panel but they both continue to blow. Did I do something wrong? Any suggestions?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 06:18 PM
    NOt much to mess up with just two wires. Red to RH and White to W. Not for sure why you have a jumper wire for heat only. If it is a jumper from RC to RH it is not needed but will not cause a problem. Make sure the red and white wire at the thermostat is not touching each other. If the insulation on the wire was skint back to far the wires could touch each other and make the heat run all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noma Thermostat [ 9 Answers ]

Just moved into a house that has a Noma Programmable Thermostat Have no instructions how to use it . It is programmed now but have to change it to my lifestyle. If you could possible help me or where to get the instruction it would be great. Thank You

Noma thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a NOMA Programmable 7-Day Thermostat, but today it seems to have gone strange. I had it on the Cool and heat started coming out of the vents. I thought the air conditioning was broken, so I turned the thermostat off, but a little while later the vent came on with hot air again? How...

Noma thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I think this may be a typical problem with converting to a Noma programmable thermostat. I currently have a Sears model , 4 wire and a black wire (jumper?) going from RC to 4. There is also a disabled black wire coming from the wall but not connected to anything. Do I eliminate the black...

Noma Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two Noma non-programmable thermostats in my bedroom. On controls the heat and the other controls the AC. My question is, why are the displayed temperatures different on each thermostat? They are literally 2 inches apart and the indicated temp on one is 1.2 degrees higher than on...

View more questions Search