Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa1471 Posts: 181, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 23, 2011, 01:53 PM
    Are all stories on Facebook as perfect as they seem?
    A friend of mine whom I went to high school puts up the most amazing stories on Facebook.She is a wonderful bright young lady but sometimes I want to borrow her life.She's married , expecting and buying a new home all at once.That's nice nothing is wrong with that but I think at times she want to be treated as a celebrity.People are always bigging her up about things so I think she feels the need to play the role.
    She's pratically rich because she teaches music.I know that is a fact.Well she always ranting on how perfect her marriage is.She claims her and her spouse never argues and there are people I speak to that grew up with us in fact says that he's cheating on her with someone that she even knows.

Nothing wrong with posting things but she made a big deal about her friends that she paid for them to travel to come visit her and hang out.Then she post things for attention because she knows everyone is going to say something positive like her life is so perfect.Now maybe I am wrong but this female don't even accompany her husband to her Sunday mass but she will post she can't wait for him to come home.Doesn't make any sense.Is her life really that perfect?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 02:34 PM
    Many people lie on Facebook, you may have homeless people talking about their fancy cars and trips.

Not sure where you are from, but music teachers don't make much money at all. ** I am married to one ( or she was one)
    Perhaps if she teaches music at a college level with a PHD or something or maybe she owns a large music school with a dozen teachers. But high school music teachers and esp private teachers who teach kids after school or on weekends do not make a lot of money.

But of course most people make their lives seem a little better on Facebook than is real.
    And I would really really be worried if a couple never fights, that is not even healthy, couples disagree, aruge and have issues. If they don't, they either don't spend time together or have given up on each other
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2011, 02:35 PM
    You can live a made up life on Facebook and elsewhere on the internet. How pathetic is that? She sounds like she lives her fantasy life more than she does her real life. Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers and especially on FB (as I could rant and rave that I just made a billion dollars selling coffee beans) and no one would be the wiser. Don't fall for her obvious lies. You are right she is an attention getting duck that needs everyone to envy her "life". She probably envies her "made up life" as well.
    lisa1471 Posts: 181, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 23, 2011, 05:55 PM
    I guess that is true then she teaches string instrument at a studio though and everyone says she's a celebrity.Bad thing is we know what's really going on in her marriage but if you were to look at pics and post you would think it's like the president and his wife.. just an example.She's a big spender paid for friends to come to do things for her it's funny!! Oh and as far as attention she posted something on Facebook got everyone all hyped and at the end she said it was just a thought.Had everyone thinking she was going to do something but she just wanted the response.. thanks guys!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 07:03 PM
    I will give at least a hint on teaching in a studio, First most do not get 40 hours a week but even those that do, only get maybe 20 to 30 dollars a hour, Not peanuts of course, but not rich by a long shot. In years past my wife even coached voice for some "name people" on Broadway and off" and it was nothing like one thinks it should be. The people that own the studio is where most of the money goes.

But I have friends who borrow and run credit cards up to try and make it look like they are living high, trips, fancy cars and more. They are often one check from losing it all.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2011, 12:00 PM
    Just my opinion... she is able to do this because people give her attention, and as you mention she is feeding into it and living up to expectations. Give her one less audience member and remove her from your news feed. She can say what she wants to for the rest of her life. It will stop bothering you when you decide to ignore it.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2011, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa1471 View Post

Is her life really that perfect?
    From the rest of your post, you already know the answer to that question. Plenty of people embellish their accomplishments. Sometimes it is a little tweaking of the truth, sometimes it is an outlandish lie, sometimes it is wishful thinking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost Stories [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good ghost or scarey stories? I haven't heard a good one for ages! :eek:

Stories of bigfoot [ 30 Answers ]

Does anyone think that the Bigfoot is a real living creature? I think it could be possible, but with all the evidence I have seen on TV and everything, it all is pretty much fake and a phony. Idk what do you think? I have no idea if I should believe it or not? :confused:

Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for children's series books with the following titles: (they are a series by the same author/publisher) Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan Other countries also not just these three

View more questions Search