Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnburns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 09:47 PM
    Linking tabs
    I am working on a invetory spreadsheet in excel. My tabs are Bunkers, Wildland gear, and Firefighters. What I am wanting is when gear is issued out, I want it to highlight the cells in another tab. I have everything numbered. 1-30. So if I issue out number 11 in bunkers and number 8 in wildland, I want it to highlight number 11 in the bunker tab, and number 8 in the wildland tab. Please help. Can this be done?

[email protected]
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 11:45 AM
    Hi Dawn, welcome to the forum.

Absolutely. This can be done via Conditional Formatting coupled with some named ranges. Or instead of highlighting, a formula could be used to indicate "OUT" on the other sheets. Both are feasible, though the formula may be easier to tweak in the future.

Click GO ADVANCED and use the paperclip icon to post up a copy of your workbook. I can show you both methods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Google Crome Tabs [ 1 Answers ]

What is the way to do in such that when I double click the file, Google crome will open with a few tabs with each has different address and I would like to view the web site in offline mode. Which is mean the web site is saved so that pics of the web site can be viewed. But how to do in such that...

Tabs multiplying [ 2 Answers ]

When using IE, it will randomly start opening tab after tab and I have to shut it down with the task manager. What is making it do that, and how can I get it to stop?

Guitar tabs? [ 10 Answers ]

OK I really want to play guitar (acoustic) I know the chords not very fast at them but I know them and I'm not that great at plucking But I'm REALLY confused on the tabs can some one help me? I really want to learn a song called I will fallow you into the dark by death cab for cutie And...

Cannot delete the tabs in my spreadsheet [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to delete three sheets in my workbook. The document lets me do everything with the exception of deleting these three tabs. It is not encrypted or password protected. However, when I attempt to unprotect it, it asks for a password. Help! I have tons of data I need to...

Growth Tabs [ 1 Answers ]

HI, my boyfriend just ordered Heightmax from online that claims to grow some inches. My boyfriend is 23 yrs old and I have some doubts about these pills. I believe its not going to work at all, but maybe Im just wrong. Please someone that knows, or that can read about this nutritional pill, can...

View more questions Search