Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayswhitten Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 09:33 PM
    Want to reintroduce Whippoorwills to a rural area?
    How can I reintroduce Whippoorwills to this rural area? I've searched the internet and can't seem to find eggs for sale or any baby whippoorwills either. I remember their night songs from my childhood and I'm not sure where they went, but I'd like to bring them back.
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Jan 16, 2012, 09:11 AM
    I know this is an older question, but in case the poster is still out there looking for ways to accomplish this feat, I want to suggest that s/he contact the state's wildlife department and make sure that reintroducing whippoorwills is a good thing. There's a fine balance in nature. Sometimes what seems like a good idea to us humans turns out to be disastrous for the ecosystem. Google "kudzu" or "purple loosestrife" if you have any doubts. If the birds were once common in your area and they no longer are, there must be a reason for that. Until you know that reason and think about the ramifications, you will possibly either be unsuccessful in your efforts or you may put unnecessary stress on some other species of animal or plant.
    Silent Forest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 05:27 PM
    The populations are declining if not crashing.The reasons are not yet fully understood.The possibilities are moth decline due to pesticides.Invasive species of thick undergrowth.I too would like more information on the subject.The midwest forest have lost this special song bird in my area as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pet door in rural area? [ 6 Answers ]

Do any of you have pet doors in areas with lots of other critters, and do they stay out? I would latch it at night and sometimes during the day. For a Jack Russell and a cat. Keeping mice out so far has been impossible anyway, since they can fit through a quarter size opening, on it's flat side,...

How do I get some help from the humane society or spca in a rural area? [ 19 Answers ]

I have come across some animals who are in a bad situation. They are located in a rural area and each humanes society or spca I call tell me that its not their duristiction. Who is responsible for saving animals in rural areas from animal cruelty? How do I help these animals before they get...

How to start up a band instrument repair shop in a rural area? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay everyone. This is a long string of answers. If you can offer info on one, most of or all of my questions I will be very appreciative. Any feed back would be of some help too. My husband has been in the band instrument repair business for decades, yet he has always been the background of the...

Electrical in rural America [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I purchased a country house in rural America. I am from California needless to say rural America is more lax then California. I have 2 120v mercury vapor lights in my yard. I trace the wires down (Via Aerial) and the go right to main service disconnect. I have also seen people out here...

View more questions Search