Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Drekk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 06:50 PM
    What's the point in love anyway?
    I am just curious all "Love" has ever brought me is pain and misery so what is the point in going around saying how you love this or love that or your so in love with that person. Love is just a load of **** for weak fools. From my standpoint Love is useless and nothing but a chemical problem with he mind that needs to be fixed.

If you disagree then please explain why love is so great or that I even need it in my life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 12:25 PM
    Love is like a candy bar, enjoy it while it lasts, but don't forget your vegetables.

Sounds like you got dumped, and took it hard.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2011, 08:28 PM
    Love you first.

Then everything else is gravy.
    On a candy bar.

Sometimes it taste like crap.
    Then you know what recipes work. What don't.

Sweet & salty.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Oct 23, 2011, 03:05 AM
    There's a love that is returned with interest. There's a love that needs no return such as the love of self, humanity, the wonder of the universe. Then there's the unrequited or rejected variety.

The first two are powerful, healing, wonderful. The latter hurts like hell. And the purpose? If there is one I guess it would be a kind of feed-back that tells us if our relationships with ourself, others, and the world around us are enhancing our life or detracting from it.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2011, 03:49 PM
    NEED it? Never. Want it... sure.

I am not sure what is happening in your life, but in mine I like to look at things positively. I've done my fair share of mopping and crying over past loves. I've also done it in being in love, and while it is lasting, it is amazing. I am currently in a relationship with a person who I am in love with and it is not going so well. In fact, I can almost guarantee that it might end before this year ends. But so what?? There will be the next girl that makes the butterflys fly inside of my stomach and then probably dump me at some point and make me feel like a bug.

So what? I enjoyed it while it lasts, I have awesome memories and experiences with several people and I wouldn't switch it for anything. Love is great, think about it. When you and your partner are both in love everything is GREAT, it is when it is not there anymore or when it is betrayed that sucks. Like a break up.

You only live once, why focus on how it felt to get dumped, when you can focus on how it felt to be in love with someone and enjoying that part of your life.

P.S. Love has never brought you pain and misery, the absence of it has.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love is not perfect, so, in what point do we say... Is this it? [ 9 Answers ]

Nobody's perfect. I know love does exist, because I've seen it. Old married couples, walking down the street, holding hands. I know people married for 25 years, and their still in love. But I have a boyfriend, and he is wonderful, my familiy loves him, and his family loves me. But we have a lot of...

Help me keep the Love of my Life.Critical Point [ 21 Answers ]

Thanking you for taking the time in advance to read my situation. I am 32 and she is 25, we work-live-travel together... a We met online through a mutual friend's Facebook account. Ever since I saw her picture the first time I KNEW this was the girl I was going to marry(and still feel that...

Find the components of the vector v with given point P and terminal point Q, [ 1 Answers ]

Find the components of the vector v with given point P and terminal point Q, find te unit vector in the direction of v. 1. p: (3.2.0) Q: (5, -2,0)

From a man's point of view/ Is he using me or does he still love me [ 11 Answers ]

I've had a lot of things going on in my life, but the one thing that remains consistent is the "sleeping arrangements" that me and my x have. We always told each other that if we weren't with anyone else that we would sleep together. We have the best sex life, he knows my body and I know his, its...

Turning point.when is it love? [ 12 Answers ]

When do you know you're in love? Honestly.. if you have never been in love before, how do you know when it's real? Is it when you realise that you never felt this way about anyone before? Is it when you are willing to lose your virginity to them? Or is it when you are willing to stick through...

View more questions Search