Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisy2020 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Are ghost and deamons different?
    I thought ghosts were spirits that aren't sure if they go down or up. Ghost probably come from deamons. Or ghost are from purgatory. Maybe ghosts... I have heard a lot of a lot of diverse answers. What are ghosts really!
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Oct 21, 2011, 03:48 PM
    Are "ghosts" and demons the same thing
    Yes and no.
    When somebody says the word "ghost", by using that word they are typically referring to a human spirit.
    Even though spirit can refer to both demonic and human spirits... the two individually mean very different things.

The belief in ghosts as human spirits has been around for thousands of years... as that of demons. So, in the wording of these spirits, yes there is a difference.

I also answer "no" because I believe there to be ample evidence to the contrary. I do believe "ghosts" to actually be demons.
    I do not subscribe to the idea that the human spirit remains on earth after death. I believe the bible teaches this doctrine very directly.

Now as to what exactly a demon is, there is some division.
    MOST people believe they are fallen spirits or angels from a heavenly rebellion... but there are other possibilities.
    There is good chance they were a pre-adamic race that once populated the earth. While I cannot put my whole belief in this explanation there are great theories out there that can be supported to a degree.

Regardless of who they are or once were, the most important aspect of demons is how to deal with them now, as they are... and there is where biblical information comes in.
    If a ghost manifests and claims to once be human... most of the world takes it at face value. However, I know of many people who challenged that claim to the spirit and they then show their true colors.
    Physical harm, fear... while these things are there, these are not their main goal.
    Their main goal towards humanity is deception... and that should comes as no surprise as Lucifer is describe as being the Father of Lies... should we expect his followers to act any less? Evil is not always going to be upfront... in fact most of the time it works in shadows and out of light.

God reveals to us in His Word that Satan can appear as an angel of light... doing good works and coming in peace. They are crafty and have had thousands of years to perfect their deceit.
    sammybaby199 Posts: 66, Reputation: 7

Oct 21, 2011, 06:49 PM
    They are extremely different

Oct 27, 2011, 05:55 PM
    Daisy - what do YOU think about the subject?

Nov 18, 2011, 06:43 AM
    I believe there is a fine line between ghost and demons. Ghosts are entities bound to this world. Whether they died an untimely death our simply have unfinished business. But we don't know why exactly hence the reason its called the paranormal

Nov 18, 2011, 06:49 AM
    I believe there is a fine line between ghost and demons. Ghosts are entities bound to this world. Whether they died an untimely death our simply have unfinished business. But we don't know why exactly hence the reason its called the paranormal. Demons on the other hand were never human and exist for the mere purpose of their hatred for humans. They are a nuscence and are nasty entities to mess with. They'll separate the weakest from the family, the most vulnerable and make their life a living hell. Their smart and deceitful.they'll do anything for an easy target.they can portray themselves as children and prey on yours. They,aren't something I'd mess,with.

Nov 18, 2011, 06:50 AM
    Sorry about the double post my phones acting up again.

Nov 19, 2011, 09:05 AM
    Sammy is right... these are many of the ways a demon will use to gain a foothold in the family. They will especially work to separate family members from one another. They can do this by giving no manifestation at all to a father, while the mother or daughter may have constant experiences that put them through a living hell.

Personally, I see no good arguments for the existence of human spirits working in the earth after death.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I have seen a ghost [ 11 Answers ]

My dad died 3 months ago but three weeks after he died I started to see unusual thing could it be my dad

I think that I may have a ghost! [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into the house that I am living in about 3 months ago. Every since then my daughter, who is almost 8, wakes up every night between 10:30 and 11:30. She never is all the way wake and she never remembers the next morning. Last night I caught her before she came out of her room. I was in...

Ghost movies from late 80s early 90s about a girl who sees her boyfriend ghost who di [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie about a girl whose boyfriend died in a plane crash and she starts seen his ghost, then she has somekind of accident and goes into a comma and then her spirit meets with her boyfriends spirit and the hospital where she is and she can she her body lying on the bed. At the end of the...

Name of movie: Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling [ 1 Answers ]

Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling out of a window; man who ghost thinks of as worthy of being his predecessor

View more questions Search