Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anglemom62 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Laws in Tennessee - terminating parental rights
    TN. How hard would it be for me to terminate the parents rights if I have had the children 12, 11,6,4 years. I have had no support from the parents. Also I just received Guardianship of a child that was very due to carelessness of the mother. The mother voluntarily sign the Guardianship papers, and understood what she was signing because the court had already given Guardianship of another one of her children to an Uncle. Now she is telling people that I have stolen her child from her.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2011, 07:38 AM
    YOU would have to petition the courts do that (terminate parental rights)... and they typically only do that in conjunction with an adoption, so don't get your hopes too high.

You might want to sue her for Slander because you have legal guardianship of the kids. If she had any sense the threat of that would make her stop.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2011, 07:39 AM
    How did the children come into your custody? Wards of the State?

It is almost impossible for an individual to terminate parental rights. It IS possible for the State of TN to terminate those rights.
    anglemom62 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 08:06 AM
    One of my daughters is dying of HIV/HEP C, also is incarcerated I have to of her children, and the 11, and 12 yr old mother has been incarcerated for most of the children lives. I have had them all since birth almost.I want to the court each time and the courts gave me full custody of the children for dependent neglect. Neither the father's nor the mothers have ever paid child support or tried to get them back.

As far as the other child which is no kin, in which I have Guardianship over, her mother is already been summons into court for non child support over another child, and will not pay for her. But you are right if she keeps slandering me I will have to put suit against her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I file a motion to take away parental rights in Tennessee [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 4 1/2 and I took his father to court when he was a couple of months old to get support and visitation and he never did either. He has never seen him, and I am fine with nothing from him, but I want to move on with my life and move, how can I legally do this? Is there a way I can file to...

Giving up parental rights in Tennessee [ 14 Answers ]

My brother has a daughter that he only gets to see 4 hours a week and that is only if the mother lets him come over (when he was getting divorced he was unsure of how to answer to a petition for a divorce so he had a default judgment against him). He pays a great amount of child support and has...

Terminating Parental Rights without terminating obligation [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if a father's parental rights can be terminated without terminating his support obligation. I live in Georgia and have sole legal and physical custody of our daughter. At this moment, my exhusband owes me over $45,000 in back child support. He hasn't had any contact with our 12...

Laws of Texas regarding terminating parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know if terminating parental rights are granted to non-custodial parent by law what are the responsibility after so. Has there been any new legislation in Texas for the parents who give up rights .

Terminating parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

My question is how do I terminate my parental rights if no adoption takes place? My brother in-law gave up his rights and there was no adoption

View more questions Search