Ask
    rudy53445 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Maytag washer top load
    Oil or grease stain on clothes when washing clothes
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Your transmission seal may be leaking oil into the tub. This is not an easy fix and it will get a lot worse in a short time. Before you do any repair or replacement try running a load empty with plenty of hot water and detergent. Now run a load with some white towels, rags or sheets to see if you still get oil stains. If the stains are present you may need to call in a pro or replace the machine if its getting old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Top Load Washer has PF in digital display [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite Top Load Washer has PF in the digital display. It continues to display this even after I pull the power cord and plug it back it. I can't clear it with the cancel button. It will not start a cycle. I don't have the book for the machine anymore. I don't know what to do to fix...

Top load whirlpool style washing machine will not spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed motor and gearbox/transmission from cabinet. I had to replace the drive/motor coupler on a previous washer so I thought that may have been the problem this time also. I separated the motor from gear box to check the coupler. It was NOT broken. I tried to start the washer with it out...

Whirlpool top load washer agitates for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and keeps [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool top load washer agitates for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and keeps this mode till washing cycle is done. There is no problem with draining and spinning. Can someone give me some ideas? I am desperate!

Squeaky Maytag front load dryer [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Maytag dryer that squeaks the entire time it is running. With the exception of popping open the top, I do not see how I can access it. I am looking to stop the squeak. Thanks for your help

View more questions Search