Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 04:07 PM
    Inside Coleus plants
    I brought some coleus plants inside my home before the frost. I used some potting mix soil for insided plants about 1 month ago, I also put fertilizer spikes in the pots. The soil in the pots are still moist. Is that normal, it seems like they should need watering by now. They don't get much sunlight but they get plenty of flourscent lighting.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    suprazboy Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2011, 05:19 PM
    I'm guessing it is winter now. Coleus plants, I believe are also know as Poincettia. Like any other plant, during winter months they slow down growth and water uptake. You should consider removing the fertilizer spikes from the plant until spring where the plant will start active growth again. Do not water it any more, especially as poincettia prefer well-drained soil. Don't worry too much about lighting as the plant is not photosyntesizing as much as it normally would. Just leave it as is it will be fine. You did the right thing bringing it inside for the frost, as any softwood plants will be harmedd by it. You can tell a plant is soft wood when it has green stems that have no heartwood (dead cellulose in the centre of the stem).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the WM followed by a are inside a circle, stamped inside my ring? [ 0 Answers ]

I figured out the 10k is for 10 karats, but what is the rest? I know nothing about this piece since it was a gift from my son, who recently died. I don't know where he got it, whether its an antique, or bought new. Can anyone help me, please?

Do fake plants in the office affect productivity as much as real plants? [ 3 Answers ]

Do fake plants in the office affect productivity as much as real plants?

Water is freezing inside my freezer and water is leaking inside the fridge [ 0 Answers ]

My kenmore refrigerator is forming ice in the freezer and water is leaking inside the refrigerator. Where would the clog most likely be?

Inside controls off.outside fan runs even when inside Heat is on [ 2 Answers ]

My outside unit's fan still runs even when inside controls are all set to off, or even when inside heat is being used.

How to Propage Coleus by Cutting [ 1 Answers ]

I've had problem with propgating my Coleus by cutting. What I did was I cut the coleus plant (about 4 inches) and I removed the leaves, except the top ones, then put the cutting into water and use a plastic bag to cover the container to keep the humidity; but I've never been successful yet. How to...

View more questions Search