Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john.mcschweeb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 08:17 AM
    "Total destruction" in Hebrew
    I want to know if there's a Hebrew word that means 'total destruction', but I can't read Hebrew symbols so I'd like the word as it's pronounced in English.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2011, 01:07 PM
    Are we talking about ancient Hebrew or modern Hebrew? In ancient (biblical) Hebrew it's hard to represent in English because it starts with one of those "clear your throat" sounds. I don't know if it's the same in modern Hebrew, but for what it's worth, the biblical word is

Khe-rem with accent on the first syllable. Both vowels are short "e".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Suing in CA When Insurance Deemed Car "Total Loss" [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Everyone: I have a question about suing the individual driver who caused this 3 car accident in the state of CA. I was the number 1 car that got rear-ended when the #3 car rear-ended #2 car and pushed #2 car into mine. Right now, #3 car's insurance deemed my car a total loss. However,...

What is the formula for finding the ratio called "RETURN ON TOTAL RESOURCES" [ 3 Answers ]

this is my question.. reply to my email if possible the formula for RETURN ON TOTAL RESOURCES.. WHAT I NO IS THAT IT IS SOMETHING DIVIDED BY TOTAL ASSETS X 100.. IF I AM NOT RIGHT CAN SOME HELP ME PLEASE VERY SOON The following are the summarized profit and loss account of V Ltd for the year...

View more questions Search