Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

Oct 20, 2011, 05:01 AM
    How can I access the sunroof drainage tubes in a 2002 Accord EX4dr
    I suspect the sunroof drainage tube has become disconnected and is discharging water directly to the driver side floor. There was nearly an inch of water in my car after sitting in the rain for 24 hours. I vacuumed out the water and then 3 hours later(still raining the water was back, about a 1/4 inch deep. Door and windshield seals are OK and no water is on the side/walls. It's only on the floor and only on the driver's side. This leak became significantly worse after the car had repair/body work done on it. Could it be a drainage hose was loose and was further dislodged during the repair work? Is it possible for me to tighten or reattach it without taking it back to the repair shop?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2011, 06:21 AM
    Thoughts:

. Check the sunroof's seal--it may have deteriorated. Clean with silicone spray and a rag; afterwards, apply silicone grease. Replace the seal, if necessary.

. Examine the end of the drainage hoses for blockage; e.g. leaves, spiders, bugs, and other debris. Compressed air may help. Checking drainage hose connections may require removing the ceiling liner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Accord Sunroof Malfunction [ 7 Answers ]

Sunroof malfunction - 1991 Accord EX. The sunroof stopped sliding back. When tbe open/close button is pushed you can hear the motor but all the roof will do is start to open/tilt. It will close. The sunroof cannot be opened manually. Thoughts?

Drainage tubes [ 0 Answers ]

Yesterday my drainage tubes were removed and today I have ahuge lump under my arm

2002 nissan altima sunroof won't close [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my battery in my 2002 Altima. Afterwards I opened the sunroof and it now won't close. I reset the sunroof memory by holding the up button for 30 seconds. It did reset (it made 2 clicking noises), but it still will not close. Not sure where the fuse is either. Need help- it is supposed...

Access 2002 [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for an Access 2002 copy of the Issues Database shown here, or one similar... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012186931033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101426031033

Looking for MS Access 2002 Template [ 3 Answers ]

I finally picked up a copy of MS Access (2002). I'm looking for a Template for a Membership List. There's just one that came with the program - and MS's site doesn't have one for 2002. Googling is getting me nowhere. Anyone know of some template sources that I can look at? Thanks!

View more questions Search