Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pburani Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2004, 02:54 AM
    Screen flicker problem!
    I am having some trouble with my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8100/WinXP Home), namely a really irritating flicker on the screen.

The best way to describe it is that it looks like bands of buzzing pixels covering the entire screen. So if my menu bar is dark purple, I see flashes of pink. After a few days of bothering me on and off, now it is constant. I have tried the following:

- rebooting, both hot and cold
    - changing resolution on Control Panel
    - disconnecting AC power supply
    - disconnecting peripherals

And nothing seems to be working. Could this be a problem with the refresh rate? Or some device drivers? I'm running out of ideas!

Thanks
    Paul
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 21, 2004, 02:21 PM
    That sounds like a hardware problem - to be more specific, the connection between the screen and the base. I'm afraid that your laptop needs service.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 23, 2004, 10:20 AM
    Yes, it does sound like a hardware probem but more specifically, it sounds like a bad video card or possibly a loose connection to the LCD screen. Either way, you'll have to take it in for service. I would NOT recommend opening up a laptop if you've never done it before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Screen Resolution problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hi. We use a hp pavilion f1703 flat screen monitor on Radeon 9200 series. Every time the computer restarts the screen resolution defaults to 640x480 and Low 8 bit colour. I can change the resolution to 800x600 and Highest (32 bit) colour but it doesn't remember that info when I restart the computer...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Light Flicker [ 11 Answers ]

I had a plug in the garage that was not working. I found the problem to be in the control panel and got the plug working by jiggling and finally pressing on the circuit breaker. Since then, I have noticed the other lights in the house will flicker. We used to get a little flicker on and off...

Light Flicker [ 1 Answers ]

I have a relatively new 100 amp service panel with breakers installed by an electrician in my 1950s Bungalow. I replaced most of the wiring throughout the house - most of which was ungrounded. I also replaced most of the switches and outlets. I installed some new recessed lighting. I get a...

Light flicker problem [ 6 Answers ]

I have a new Hampton Bay flurorescent light (193871) that flicker (strobes) after it is turned off. It will strobe all night. I returned it one time, the new one does the same thing. What should I do :confused: ? Tedndd

View more questions Search