Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbalmer Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Who is it better to pay?
    A attorney for a collection agency got me the validation of several medical bills. So who is it better to pay? The attorney, the collection agency or the original medical places? I would like to pay the original medical places, and send a letter to the attorney and collection agency saying that they are paid so your wrong. Who would it be best to pay?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Your medical people may have sold the debt to the collection agency or they may just be working on their behalf. Before you pay anyone you should call the original debtor and ask what they want you to do.
    bretb Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Feb 8, 2007, 12:11 AM
    I have to agree. Remember who you owed the money to all along. If the original 'creditor' sold the debt and will not accept payment, work out some settlement with the scavengers if you wish, but I suggest around 15% to 20% of the original balance (depending on how long it's been since the bills were due).

Remember scavengers pay literally pennies on the dollar for old, bad debts. Don't help feel their fire to pursue others by making it worth their while to get 300% to 1,000% increases on their investments. They're NOT the original creditor, but a scavenger that exists to try to take advantage of the situation, you and screw the original creditor out of money they have written off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay [ 2 Answers ]

Can an employer change your wage every time he desides he wants to like take you off your pay and change it to piece work, and than change it to a forced sub contractor and say your making too much money so now you can no longer be a sub and put you back on hourly

Will I have to pay? [ 10 Answers ]

Background... I have lived in an upstairs apartment for about 6 months and the first day the down stairs neighbor told me that the guy who lived above him was noisey and 'slamed' around weights in his apartment and that he could hear it. Two days after I moved in (the day the movers came) the...

Should I pay off my home? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Jose, I'm 29 years of age. I'm a father of three young children. 4 years ago I fell from a roof at my job, I'm now disabled for life :( .I plan to settle my State Compensation case in 1 month, I will be receiving a lump sum of $180,000.I currently owe $126,855 with 6.875%...

Do I still have to pay rent? [ 1 Answers ]

I have received a letter from the landlords wife saying that she will try to keep all 8 properties that he owned, I talk to her personally and she said that she is trying to make ends meet as far as paying morgat and taxes out of her pocket, section 8 is not sending payments to her, As far as I'm...

How to get debtor to pay up? [ 1 Answers ]

In August I sold a package of clothing (about 150 items) to a woman on eBay for $550.00. She paid for them using paypal, and paypal deposited the funds into my account. I delievered the packages to her the next day to save her the cost of shipping since we live in the same city. The transaction...

View more questions Search