Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esivils Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 06:50 PM
    Odd noise in wall of townhome
    I live in a 3 level center unit townhome and recently (over the past 2 months) I have noticed a "pinging" noise in the wall of the front bedroom. The noise sounds like a heart monitor in a hospital. It is a constant 24/7 and in rhythm beat. It doesn't change if it is raining or sunny. This bedroom is on a wall that is next to my neighbors spare bedroom. I asked her if they had just purchased a grandfather clock or had something in that room that made that type of sound. She has not. They do not hear the sound in their home. It's driving me nuts (luckily it's not bothering the 4 year old occupant of that room) and I want to rip into the wall! BUT I can hear the noise on the ENTIRE 1 side of the room's wall. The sound cannot be heard in the lower level bathroom which is what is below the bedroom.

Any ideas?
    Fartyman4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Could be a bomb! Duck!

Just joke! It's probably just the Mayan Clock winding down.

Something rhythmic has to be coming from something like a fan or motor or furnace or a pump I would guess.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 6, 2012, 12:47 PM
    More details please. Can you describe the sound a little better? Is it pinging, knocking or ticking? I ask this because a grandfathers clock ticks but doesn't ping. Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Odd noise in dakota [ 2 Answers ]

2000 dakota sport 4 wheel drive makes funny clicking noise on exceleration sometimes, but if you excelerate slowly no noise . Any ideas what this may be?

Odd Smell Coming From Wall [ 4 Answers ]

There is a part to my office that smells terrible, like a dead animal or a leaking/moldy pipe. It could also be confused with septic backup, but I ruled that out when I had a sewer guy come and snake the line to only find no clogs. So my question is.. who can I contact about finding out what this...

Noise in wall [ 1 Answers ]

I've read the other questions on noises in wall but those were cominf from a bathroom this noise is in my children's bedroom wall and is like a vibrating noise it goes for 2 seconds stops goes for 3 sec stops over and over again had an electrician come out couldn't find anything its driving me...

View more questions Search