Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawhiteboyzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 12:43 PM
    My daughter died a year ago and my other daughter went behind the family's back
    My daughter died a year ago and my other daughter went behind the family's back to take custody of her 2 kids. For the last year, the kids have lived with me, not her, but she is collecting SSI and welfare for them and spending it on herself and her boyfriend with not one cent to the kids. What can I do to get custody of them without having them taken away from me?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2011, 01:06 PM
    Go to Court, prove what you have said, apply for custody in your own name.

They already are with you, correct? Do you have guardianship so you can handle medical issues, school erollment, things of that nature?

And where is the father of the children? He can also apply for custody.

You don't need me to commend you but I'm glad to hear you have stepped into the children's lives and they are safe with you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2011, 01:25 PM
    Agree, you file a motion in court for custody, report her to SSI and welfare fraud,

How have you enrolled them in school without legal custody ?
    But you use school records, doctor records and the such to prove you have cared for them.

I will also agree were is the bio father ? He would or should normally have first right to custody of the children ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter is 7 and was adopted without my consent 2 years ago can I get her back? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter was adopted 2 years ago without my consent, she is now 7 years old, is there a possibility that I can apply to have her back?

31 year old daughter living back at home and is disrespectful what to do? [ 15 Answers ]

Threads merged I have a 31 year old daughter who broke up with her abusive boyfriend 6 months ago and is now living at home. She gets on well with my fiancé and makes fun of me to him like "Look at that big hippo" and they both laugh, also makes fun of me in company and they both have a...

I have an 18 year-old step daughter that moved in with us a few months ago. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 18 year-old step daughter. She moved in with me and my husband in July because she had a disagreement with her mom. My SD told my husband that she didn't want to enroll a regular public school, instead, she enrolled an online school. I told my husband many times that the online school was...

My 17 year ago daughter is out on control [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know what to do with my daughter. She has been arrested twice once for fighting in the park and another for giving a drink to a minor at a parade " she said she never did that" but had to spend a night in jail. She is always out drinking on the weekends, got fired from a job, and is doing...

My 12 year old daughter soars in back of mouth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my daught has these soars,you know where your teeth end that's were they r she had a fever and she was nautious we have no idea what it is but she can't swallow anything salty peppery' and it burns please helpp my name is stephanie

View more questions Search