Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smiley_Lady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 12:22 PM
    My friend does bad stuff which makes me upset!
    I have this friend whose name is Jenna. She has had a pretty bad life. Her mom and dad both abandoned her at a young age, so she now lives in foster care. She is pretty stressed with her home life and such. She goes to parties and drinks and gets high. She admitted to me today that she cuts herself. Now the thing with me is that I cannot handle suicide attempts or stories well at all. They really make me uneasy and difficult!

This situation really puts me in a bad place because I do not know what to do. I have asked for some suggestions about telling her foster parents, but for me, I do not think that is a good idea per se just because I wouldn't want her to be uncomfortable.

I have asked her to see her counselors and talk to them, but she is scared that they would tell her foster parents for which I don't blame her. I did suggest to say that her FRIEND was having this problem, so that she can still talk about it with them.

What do you think I should do, because I am lost, and I do not want her to do anything she regrets or anything that will kill her!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2011, 02:02 PM
    Her foster parents do need to be involved in this situation. If they are unable to help her or them knowing that she is having problems is going to make her uncomfortable then maybe she shouldn't be placed there. If she won't talk to an adult then it's time for you to talk to an adult, your parents, a teacher, or school counselor, yourself before she does get hurt anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I selfish that I'm upset about my best friend and ex dating? [ 5 Answers ]

My best friend and I have been friends since we were little we grew up together. I met my ex through my best friend she hooked us together. We had a somewhat distant relationship but I was still so happy with him. Three months later he broke up with me because "feelings changed". When in fact...

Friend makes fun of friend [ 15 Answers ]

My friend is always asking why we never hang out anymore.. He tells people that I ignore him. Well is this a good reason? Every time I'm around him or I talk to him he always brings up one of my flaws. He always makes fun of me about it and jokes about it. All my life I was teased about this yet he...

My ex and best friend are dating.ok to be upset? [ 6 Answers ]

He and I dated for four months. He dumped me and I had to live at my best friend's house for about five days. I was completely destroyed, because I had really fallen for this guy and it had been the first relationship where I saw it going somewhere in a while. Anyway, turns out they have been...

I feel like I'm gong to lose my best friend to someone else and I'm upset. [ 2 Answers ]

Well I'm going into high school and my closest friend met a new girl through volleyball a few weeks ago, one that doesn't know anyone in our high school, and now she seems too busy with volleyball to hang out and is getting closer to the new girl. We don't have any classes and I feel like we're...

View more questions Search