Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    winkshine Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Oct 18, 2011, 09:58 AM
    How to deal with a momma's boy?
    My boyfriend is a major momma's boy and needs her input on everything. He pretty much has her do all his dirty work for him. He even had her call his ex when the ex was trying to get a hold of him about money he owed her, and he is 30!

His mom is very needy and manipulative. If he does not call her for a whole day, she calls and puts a guilt trip on him. I am starting to resent her and her constant butting in and handling everything for him.

She left him and his sister for another guy when they were kids, left them with their father who drank a lot. I think that might have a lot to do with this unhealthy attachment. She pretty much says jump, and he says "How high, Mommy."

Is anyone else dealing with this, or does anyone have any advice on how to approach this?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Oct 23, 2011, 07:38 PM
    Does he want to change this aspect of his life, or are you looking to somehow make him change?

If it's the latter, you're probably wasting your energy. He probably feels taken care of and protected by his mother, not controlled or held back.

You should talk to him if you haven't already. He might appreciate your outside perspective, or might see you as "not understanding" his family commitments.
    samantha.janet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2011, 04:56 PM
    Want to be a boy age 17 cute and sexyy have some money want everyone to no I've always been a boy
    gissoo Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2011, 09:46 AM
    My ex was a mom's boy. I tried to change him , I couldn't. I think you better make it clear that he is an adult and if he doesn't want to be responsible as an adult so he can't be in a relation. My ex is suffering form his mom but he can't quit not to be mom's boy.
    So if he doesn't want to change , you better know if you really love him that much to spend your life and time with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with a manipulative 16 yr old boy? [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 16 yrs. Old and very unruley, disrespectful and extremely manipulative. I had him when I was very young (17) and was a single mother. His father was in and out of his life for the fisrt 4 yrs. Which forced me to work 40plus hrs a week, leaving my son (Brandon) with family members most of...

How do I deal with a 6 year old boy with ADHD? [ 3 Answers ]

I have started babysitting this 6 year old boy with ADHD... basically... I've just jotted mental notes of things I've noticed he doesn't like/ likes and I know not to give him sugar... I just wanted to know if anyone has nay sort of tips? And to help keep my patience with him... any information on...

Momma's Boy [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together 11 months now. We have lived together pretty much the whole time. Since September we have bee living at his mom's house. In total there are 8 people that live in the house. We have talked and decided that we want to move out on our own. Here is the...

I am looking for a children's book that has the phrase 'Momma's precious baby. [ 1 Answers ]

HI- Looking for a children's book that has the phrase "Momma's precious baby". It has a gypsy caravan in it as well. Pre 1970?

How Do I Deal With My Passive-Aggressive Boy Friend? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy off and on for a year and I have fallen in love with him. He told me today that he recently uncovered that he is passive aggressive. This is a quote from his e-mail he sent me, " One thing I have recently uncovered is that I can be passive aggressive... I never really...

View more questions Search