Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Oct 18, 2011, 06:57 AM
    Inheritance tax
    My wife's grandmother recently passed away in IL. We live in WI and received some money from her estate. I know that WI has no inheritance tax but because the money is coming from IL, is there anything I need to do at tax time?

Thanks.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 18, 2011, 07:09 AM
    "Illinois inheritance tax no longer exists." Illinois Inheritance Tax

And, as you may know, any state or Federal estate tax is the responsibility of the probate estate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to receive about $25,000 from an estate. Do I pay inheritance or any taxes on that money, is it submitted to the IRS as income?

California Inheritance Tax (death tax) [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited property in a different state a few months ago in 2007 and I need to know if there is any California tax because of this. The state I inherited the property has no inheritance tax so if there is tax in California, do I have to wait until the "possession of ownership" documents have been...

Inheritance tax [ 5 Answers ]

I am told that there is no California inheritance tax up to 1.5 million. What if the beneficiery lives in Florida and the owner of the policy lives in California ?

Inheritance tax [ 1 Answers ]

My mother left her four children an estate worth roughly 1.2 million in a family trust to be split equally 4 ways. There is a 1st TD on some property, a house, and approximately 200K in CD's and cash. Three of the four children life in California and one resides in WA. Will we pay any state or...

View more questions Search