Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Canadian_Ehngel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 09:26 PM
    My jaw is killing me!
    First off I'll start by saying that I do have a cold, but don't know whether that makes a difference or not. Anyway, yesterday we went out for dinner, and about 30 minutes later, my jaw REALLY started to hurt. It hurt through the right side of my jaw, to my ear, up to my temple/eye. I took 2 Tylenol extra strength for it, but it didn't really help. I tried icing it later on, and that helped a little but as soon as I took the ice off it started to hurt again. When we went to sleep, it didn't bother me, nor did it during the entire day today up until about 30 minutes ago, again, after I ate dinner. All 4 of my wisdom teeth are in, and I also don't know whether that makes a difference or not, either. I'm in soooooo much pain, and I can't go to the dentist because we don't have dental benefits until next month, and without the benefits we can't afford it anyway. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing my pain? Please help!:confused: :(
    SingleMom7105 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 6, 2007, 12:46 PM
    I would suggest going and seeing your dentest. Sounds like it is a wisdom tooth.
    PatrickG Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Feb 6, 2007, 01:16 PM
    My jaw hurts a lot sometimes because I clench my jaw when I'm nervous. Doing this over a long period will not only grind your teeth down but it will make your jaw kill you with pain. Do you clench you jaw? A cavity can make you clench your jaw a lot to.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 02:28 PM
    When we get colds or a sinus infection, it can wreak havoc on our systems. What you may view as a cold could be a sinus infection which can be a result of a tooth infection or a tooth infection which can create a sinus infection. A lot of times, dentists remove our wisdom teeth because they can be a great source of infection. You can buy anbesole (not sure if that is how it is spelled) which is used to help numb the gum in babies who are cutting teeth. You can try clover oil which also helps to relieve pain.

If these don't work over the next couple of days, I know that you are saying that you don't have coverage and you can't afford it, but if you are in as much pain as you say you are, you need to seek out a dentist. If it is an infection, it won't go away on it's own and can create other health major health problems. He will put you on antibiotics and you can probably wait until your dental coverage kicks in for him/her to do any other work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something wrong with my jaw? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I'm not sure if this has to do with dentistry or not-but it was the closest subject to what my problem is. Ok, well when I was around 15, my jaw started to make little tiny quiet popping noises every time I moved my jaw to the left, but never to the right. It actually seems like I can move...

My girlrend is killing me help me [ 7 Answers ]

hi every body I really need help cause I can't live like this my girlfreind and I w'ere so much in love of each other and both of us know we don't live together but we used to spend our 24\7 toogether and she used to call me every 30 min to tell me how much she love me and she used to send me...

Jaw Hurting [ 5 Answers ]

I was punched yesterday in the jaw by accident and now my left side teeth and left jaw hurt whenever I chew and yawn. Any ideas how long this will take to heal and whether I should see a dentist/doctor?

Jaw-winking [ 1 Answers ]

What is Jaw-winkig? I need a brife describtion of what it is like does it transfere from one person to another I really don't have any clue.?

View more questions Search