Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Oct 17, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Can't read WPS. Documents in Windows 7
    I changed computers and operating systems going from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and I can't read the documents I transferred from the old computer to the new one.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2011, 03:01 PM
    WPS docs are from Microsoft Works. You need either Works or a Works converter. If you new machine came with Office Starter, you can see if Word can import WPS files.Otherwise you may have to purchase a full version of Word which does have the converters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to read hundreds of .email files saved from an old MSN account to My Documents. [ 0 Answers ]

All folders with the .email files in My Document have been transferred to a new Windows 7 64 bit computer. The MSN account was terminated. Is there anyway to open and read these files or easily convert them to another format? A solution that doesn't require a purchase would be nice.. .

Slow My Documents - Windows XP [ 1 Answers ]

When I open My Documents (or click "attach for an email), it takes approx 40 seconds to load up folders before I can click through them. Most of the time, after the initial long wait, I can click through no problem, though sometimes I get another long load after a few folder clicks. It does not...

Windows can't read anything [ 1 Answers ]

I can't use my printer, cd burner, camera. I'm at my wits end! It tells me that windows can't read from my cd drive. I have a hp pavilion mx50, and windows xp home edition. Can anyone help me?:eek:

How do I enable windows xp home edition to open office 2007 documents? [ 2 Answers ]

I have just installed Microsoft office 2007 on my computer, but when I try to open a document, even one that I just created, it just comes up with an error message: "This error may appear because an antivirus program is not allowing the file to open. This can be caused by either: The antivirus...

CD will not read with XP windows [ 1 Answers ]

I used to have windows 2000 on HP and upgraded it to XP windows a year ago. As a result of the upgrade, my CD ROM will not read a disc at all. It did not bother me before but now it bothers me because I have a digital camera and I need to download the software with a CD. The CD icon shows up...

View more questions Search