Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pearldiver Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Can a credit card company put a lien on a house that's only in my husbands name?
    I'm sure you have had this question asked a million times. Sorry about that. But, here is my question. I have credit card debt and a summons for court from a collection agency in two weeks. My husband owns the house in his name only. Can the credit card company put a lien on our house in my name even though I am not on the title / deed. No mortgage, house is free and clear, and I'm in IL.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 17, 2011, 12:56 PM
    No, a judgment against you cannot act as a lien against property if you are not an owner of the property.
    pearldiver Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2011, 01:17 PM
    That is good news. Thanks so much.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 17, 2011, 07:08 PM
    Good luck with your situation!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a credit card company put a lien on your homestead in Tennessee? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother sold his condo in TN on Friday, got the $, deposited, paid off a debt with the entire amt. Papers were not filed on Friday but the following Mon or Tues. Discover Card put a lien on his home & the atty for the new owners wants this paid. Isn't the property technically "sold" since papers...

Can a credit card company put a lien on my property or bank account in NC? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been out of work. We have one income - my husbands. I was served a letter by the sheriff from a credit card company indicating that they have initiated a civil action against the amount owed to them. Can they garnish our joint account?

I want to know if a credit card company can put a lien on my house. [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I are retired and collecting Social Security. Our home is paid for, but we have credit card debt we cannot pay. Can the credit card company put a lien on our home or get our social security checks?

Can a credit card company put a lien on your house [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a lot of credit card debt can a credit card company put a lien on the house

View more questions Search