Ask
    bjf780 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 12:50 PM
    Alcohol in urine
    How long does the effect of a 8 oz. Glass of wine remain in a persons urine
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2011, 01:32 PM
    Assuming the wine is 12% abv an 8 oz glass (1.6 US standard drink) time for metabolism should be right at 3 hours. Alcohol in urine, of course, remains until you void. So at that time ethanol should not be detected in blood or urine.*

If you mean by "effect" how long alcohol consumption might be detected, by testing for the metabolites EtG or EtS detection might be extended to 10-36 hours (see Wojcik & Hawthorne)
    *based on population average

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol in urine in cup how long does the alcohol last? [ 7 Answers ]

I am on probation and I wanted to go out w the girls so I peed in a cup I can't remember

Alcohol in urine [ 2 Answers ]

I drank 4 shots of 100 proof peppermint and 10 cans of beer on Saturday an was given a urine test Wednesday, will the alcohol contents show up?

Alcohol in urine [ 4 Answers ]

How long does alcohol stay in the urine and does water help to dilute the alcohol?

How long will alcohol take to leave my urine for a urine analysis? [ 19 Answers ]

Last night between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I consumed about Four 80 Proof shots mixed with orange juice. Today I took urine analysis at 3:00 PM, approximately 16 hours after my last drink. I weigh 150 pounds and am about 5'11''. Do you think there will still be alcohol content?

View more questions Search