Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Damiean Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Oct 17, 2011, 07:54 AM
    How do I gain employment in the UK?
    I'm an American citizen seeking employment just about anywhere in the UK, any suggestions?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2011, 08:31 AM
    You aren't going to do it without getting a work visa first by some means. Easiest way is to find an employer that will sponsor you.
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Oct 17, 2011, 08:33 AM
    Damiean,

First, let me welcome you to this beautiful site, dear!

Get a work visa first, somehow. Then, go and hire some consultant, if you need a job, immediately. This is the surefire and expected answer. Get some sponsorship, if possible. However, if you have some acquitances out there in UK, ask them to favour you by helping you get one. Moreover, there are certain sites, or online helpers, so to say, whom you can send your resume, only to get certain offers or contacts. Send your bio-data to the firms

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Employment [ 0 Answers ]

I had right thumb joint replacement surgery on July 13,2011. I began disability shortly after that from my place of employment. Just recently I have received a job offer from a company that I have been waiting for for sometime. They are willing to wait until I am completely released by my...

Why would I need to pay self employment tax on employment settlement [ 1 Answers ]

My original question was regarding 1099 misc I can't find any informaiton regarding the rational of paying self employment tax on settlement when I was an employee of this company I found this documentation on a site regarding self employment. Also how can I determine what the award is replacing. ...

Employment Law regarding employment applications [ 2 Answers ]

I know that employers can ask on their applications if you have ever been convicted of a felony, but I ran into one the other day that asked "Have you ever been convicted of a felony in the last 7 years?" Just wondering why the 7 years.

Security deposit to gain or not to gain? [ 1 Answers ]

Living in Rochester NY. Had a one year lease ready to move . This complex is privately owned corp. Its huge. Leaving Rochester office claims it will send security in one month time. Does this complex have the right to keep the interest my security deposit has gained. In the past living at other...

View more questions Search