Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 08:39 PM
    Generator lights go dim and bright When I put a load on they stay bright?
    Lights go dim than bright up and down until you put a load on and than they stay bright.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2011, 05:12 AM
    I am no generator mechanic, but sounds like the governor needs to be adjusted, or replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two connected light bars, one bright- the other dim. Why? [ 1 Answers ]

I have two under cupboard light bars over my desk. One has 2 small bulbs, the other 4. They are on the same switch. When lit, the 2 bulb bar is bright, the 4 bulb bar is dim. What may be the problem?

Bright to dim light - what is going on? [ 1 Answers ]

Our Hampton Bay celing fan/light has 4 lightbulbs. We are using 60 watt lightbulbs, but when we turn on the light, it is initially very bright but within a few seconds becomes dim. We are wondering if there is a "governor" on the sockets that causes the lights to dim a couple of notches. Any...

My hp laptop screen does not get bright any more it remains dim why? [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried to adjust settings and that does not do anything. Hats wrong and how can I fix it?

Ceiling Fan lights shine bright, but then dim after 5 seconds [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a ceiling fan that takes 4 - 40 watt bulbs. We placed 4 - 60 watt bulbs instead and noticed the diming from the very first time after installation. Is this a safety feature built into the fan and if so, what component does this? Thank you for your help.

Household Lighting fixtures go from dim and bright. [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in the 1930's and the wiring I'm sure is as old. The lights turned on tend to be on a dimmer they will be dim then go bright almost like an electrical serge sometimes flicker. Also I have a fan If set on med to high it will slow down then speed up. What's causing this?

View more questions Search