Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Lawnmower Engine problem
    The Tecumseh 13 h.p engine (OHV130) in my lawnmower stops after about 20 minutes - after cooling down I can again run it for about 20 minutes. Any ideas from anyone about this problem - I've changed the spark plug without any improvement.
    Thommycal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 07:36 PM
    As soon as it quits, see if the prob is electrical or gas (check spark, check fuel flow.) Check for vapor lock in the fuel line.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 11:41 PM
    Sounds like either the gas cap isn't venting... (take it off or leave it loose to check this) or the coil is bad (windings shorting out)
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 7, 2007, 06:16 PM
    One thing you can look at is the routing of the fuel line. It could be heating up and vaporizing the fuel causing it to vaporize and not get through to the carb iin a liquid state. I never have seen this on a mower but have seen this on cars and motorcycles. If you find it close to the motor or exhaust you can either re-route the line or shield it with heat resistant wrap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy-Bilt lawnmower electrical problem [ 2 Answers ]

Ihave an older Troy-Bilt riding lawnmower that stopped running for no apparent reason. When we checked the battery it was dead and couldn't be charged. Got a new battery and the lawnmower started and ran for awhile (couple of days) then would not start and the same story again. Took it to...

Riding mower engine problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman mower model number 917.258980 20.5 hp. My problem is that it will not start without the help of starting fluid. But right after the shot of fluid is exhausted it dies. The mower turns over good and yes I have gas in it. The fuel is getting to the carburetor, as I was able to...

92 Honda Civic LX engine problem. [ 2 Answers ]

Someon please answer this question. I just got to work and my "check engine", "battery" and "coolent" lights came on and my car just stopped and wouldn't go any further. What is going on?? I just had an oil change 3 days ago and filled my car with gas 20 min. before this happened. HELP! I'm stuck...

Ride on mower engine problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a ride on Snapper mower powered by a 14HP Briggs & Stratton engine. Model 287707, Type 023501 Code 9601084A I can start the engine with the choke engaged and it will run. But when I take it off choke the engine stalls. Do you have any idea what the possible causes could be....

NEED HELP Replacing engine stop/control cable on Murray Lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

THe cable broke on the inside and I can't figure out how to take off the end that hooks onto the lawn mower, because it's a weird squared off round connector that seems to require some special tool to take it off or something Here is a pic of something kind of similar although it doesn't have...

View more questions Search