Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeaningOfLife Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Oct 16, 2011, 11:06 AM
    Problem business client - Are NSF charges considered 'bank charges?'
    If there is an IRS audit and some bank charges are actually NSF fees. Do you think the auditor would have problems with this?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 27, 2011, 08:41 AM
    Yes, they will. NSF fees are punitive fees that are not normal bank fees and thus NOT deductuble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank service charges, $48 were would this fall under [ 1 Answers ]

Identify each of the following reconciling items as: (a) an addition to the cash balance according to the bank statement, (b) a deduction form the cash balance according to the bank statement, (c) an addition to the cash balance according to the company’s records, or (d) a deduction from the cash...

Can old evidence be used for new charges when the original charges were dismissed [ 5 Answers ]

Charges were dismissed because evidence for the charges was false. Can new charges alleging a different related crime be filed using the old evidence?

Bank OD Charges [ 7 Answers ]

Can my bank take overdraft charges out of my Social Security Disability payment direct deposit without my concent? I know SSD payments cannot be garnished or levied, except in very specific situations; however, my bank tells me they intend to take a minus balance in my account out of my SSD direct...

Bank charges [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm not sure if I have the right subject to put this in. Does anyone know of any good sites that will help you claim your bank charges back? I know of one Bank Charges - get your charges back they have a no win no fee but there fee is 35% of what you get back anyone have any thoughts on the...

View more questions Search