Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilybeth1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 11:03 AM
    What's the history of naming constellations?
    How did ancient peoples name the constellations?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 17, 2011, 02:24 PM
    Please do not double-post questions.

See my response to your other post here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/astron...s-49959-2.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ancient names of constellations [ 16 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know where to find the ancient names of the constellations? I have read that the names were changed at some time within recorded history. Hopefully, the information will be somewhere on the net, but if not, maybe there is a book somewhere. Thanks!

How did the people of 1000bc to 700bc use the constellations in everyday life? [ 1 Answers ]

Orion Constellation to be more specific

History question about the naming of the month of July [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I know the month July is named after julius Caesar but what I want to know is did julius Caesar himself name it after himself OR did his nephew agustus name it after him in honour of his beloved uncle/ruler. And if you do know the answer weather its an opinion or not can you list a place of...

Greek mythology and star constellations [ 1 Answers ]

When I was a child at school, my favourite teacher mrs wright used to read stories from a book. They were greek mythology about how star constellations came to be in the sky. I don't know who the author was or what the book was called. I've been searching in shops for twenty years!! Help!

View more questions Search