Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Oct 16, 2011, 07:49 AM
    Opening new windows in Windows 7
    I have a new computer with windows 7 on it. I can[t figure out how to open multiple pages. If I minimize the current page then click on the e to open a new window it just opens the page I just minmized. How do I open a new window with out closing the other one.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 16, 2011, 07:59 AM
    You need to think slightly differently as IE 9 uses tabs, so you don't end up with a huge stack of IE's running.
    So you have a "shell" and the various pages are displayed therein.
    If you minimise the "shell" then you are minimising the entirety of your IE session.

To open a new page simply click the small area to the right of the current tab.
    New links will also open in a new tab.
    You can force this behaviour by pressing CTRL while clicking the link.

If you really want to open a link in a new shell then press SHIFT and click the link.

Hope this helps..
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Oct 28, 2011, 05:02 PM
    Go to Control Panel. In the top right corner is a search bar. Search for Folder Options and open it.
    Once the window opens you will see the setting on the very top.

Hope this helps
    Grant Hills
    South Africa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opening Google Shuts Down Windows! [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to open the Google search page I immediately see a window that says Windows has stopped functioning and that it is looking for a solution then a moment later Windows just closes. What gives? Doesn´t happen with any other pages I open.

.JPG files opening in Word for Windows Vista? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what I've done to my computer, but whenever I try to open a jpg attachment it tries to open it in word and I end up getting a File Conversion window popping up and I can't seem to view the jpg. Can anyone offer any advice on how to fix this problem so I can view jpg's in the normal...

Windows not opening up. [ 9 Answers ]

After an incomplete uninstall of Returnil 2010,I recently had the problem of Windows suddenly closing down and failing to restart, and with your help ,by booting in SafeMode, the matter was resolved. During the past week ,as an alternative to Returnil, I have been trying out SafeSpace which I...

Opening Stuffit files in Windows [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a Windows program that will open Stuffit (.sit) files?

Some windows and programs close right after opening [ 5 Answers ]

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 9:25:44 μμ, on 13/1/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 SP2 (7.00.5346.0005) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe...

View more questions Search