Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danshalonda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 12:22 AM
    How can I be strong when I still do love him
    I have been with this guy for 6 years, he cheated on me from basically the first month after we started dating. He would do little sneaky things like lying about a myspace page under a different name, adding himself on dating profiles. When I would confront him he would say oh it's old he added it before we were together.

I always knew he was lying but I was so desperate to be with him I didn't want to see the truth so eventually I would take him back. Once he was back the cycle would start again.

A few days ago I caught him on another site and lost it I kicked him out. I want it to be for good because he's never going to change but I'm feeling so weak and I feel sick not to mention we have a dog together and he's very depressed also. I just feel lost and unable to go on.

I desperately need some support I have no one to talk to about this and I spend my days closed off in my room with my dog. I just feel pathetic and almost want to run back to him. Thanks for helping me through this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2011, 01:09 PM
    Sorry for what you have been through, but it's a great thing you finally woke up, and stop being desperate, and used by this lying cheater. Better late than never.

Its sucks to break up, but once the dust has settled you will realize you are free of the deception, and actually have many options, and opportunities to be happier than you could have imagined.

You just have to suffer through some sad feelings and HEAL properly. YOU WILL. Just start to be good to yourself, and take the dog for a nice walk, and get some retail therapy, or a new doo, and start fresh.

Smile like you got it going on my dear, because you do.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2011, 01:34 PM
    It's hard and you just need to get through the initial pain , unfortunately that's normal with break ups even though this will seem so bleak now.

Believe me with a bit of time you'll look back at this and realize how lucky you were to get rid of this loser. There will be plenty of good happy times ahead.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2011, 04:18 PM
    "he cheated on me from basically the first month"
    "I always knew he was lying but I was so desperate"
    "he's never going to change"

Be glad that you kicked him out.
    You did the right thing.

Now stick with that. This guy sucks.

I would never talk to him ever again.

Stay away from people like him. There's good people out there.
    Never be insecure or desperate.

That only allows users like him to take advantage.

Take control of your life now. Put this in the past.
    Danshalonda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 04:26 PM
    Thanks so much you guys, I know the only way I'm going to move on from him and stay strong is by reading all the positive feed back. I'm so grateful I found this site and that people that don't know me could care so much. Thank so much
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2011, 04:39 PM
    Good for you.

Read a bunch of the stickies & some other relevant posts here. Will help shed more light.

Its going to take some time to heal from all of this. I know.

You've already removed the problem. Thank goodness.
    Now its all about you. Do everything positive for yourself.
    This is a new lease on life.

Were here whenever you need a hand.
    If it wasn't for amhd, not sure where I would be...

Van.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken Heart - How do I stay strong even though I'm hurting & b strong to stop call him? [ 37 Answers ]

My Boyfriend and I were together for over 3++years. Every time we get into an argument or fight he wants to break up. I am so confused and broken. He doesn't seem to care about me. He would turn his phone off for days and I always call him back and he told me so many times that he doesn't want the...

How to be strong after love breakup [ 6 Answers ]

Hi.I am 34 years old divorsed guy.I am having relation with a married lady aged 32years.she is staying with her husband and 2kids.her husband was away from her for almost one year.that time we came close and we had a relation like husband and wife.Both we used to take care of each others...

There was strong love [ 1 Answers ]

In my recent posting I shared that my girlfriend was showing no affection whatsoever and her and I sat down and started to discuss this. We found out that we both loved each other at the same level her affections for me were strong just as mine were for her , we were on the same page. What we...

Psychological conflict: strong fear & strong love toward the same girl [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been experiencing some kind of psychological conflict for more than 1 year. Whenever he increases his love to me, his fear of losing me to another man increases. Last year, his psychological conflict made him misunderstand me a lot. For example, when he saw a tiny sign related...

True Love or Just strong feeling? [ 4 Answers ]

OK so I fell in love with this girl and we were together for 1 year then now that I am at college we have this year apart and we are not together. I want to know if it is true love that I feel for her or just strong feelings. OK every time I see her my day brightens. When she smiles my heart skips...

View more questions Search