Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    torontoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Can a bank draft be cancelled by a bank if the purchaser is in default on a loan?
    I had recently purchased a bank draft from a bank to which I owe a large sum of money. I'am overdue on the minimum payment and the bank has started to make noises about taking legal action. Due to some reason the recipient has not deposited the bank draft yet. Can the bank legally cancel the draft and use the proceeds to settle the loan I have with them?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Hello toronto:

No.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto loan default [ 4 Answers ]

Good evening: I currently have my auto loan through Wells Fargo bank. I have paid on my loan for the past three years without incident. On December 13, 06 I contacted WF to discuss paying off my loan since I was re-financing my home to clean up debt. They told me the payoff amount and that was...

Bank loan [ 3 Answers ]

My loan officer is threating me because my insurance was cancelled then after that I got in an accident now he is going to call the cops can he do that

401k home loan default [ 3 Answers ]

My wife took out a loan two years ago from her 401k. This was a first time withdrawal for the purpose of a home loan. She is now interviewing with another company. (Better commute, new faces) Given that her loan becomes callable when she leaves, if she defaults, is there the 10% withdrawal...

Bank Account Levy-froze Student Loan Funds [ 2 Answers ]

I had outstanding credit card debt 5 yrs ago and am in the process of settling all accts. However, I deposited my STUDENT LOAN CHECK in my bank account, and I guess because of the higher balance a lawyer firm that I had no idea was suuing me because they sent all correspondence to the wrong...

Default on car loan [ 6 Answers ]

I am facing a serious situation.I had a car loan and then I gat into an accident.It was a hit and run and the police never found the people that hit me.Unfortunelty right before that, because of serious financial problems, I couldn t make my insurance payments.Now I received a call from a lawyer...

View more questions Search