Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roybelle Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2011, 11:41 AM
    How to provide products for supermarkets
    Hi there, I wondering how to provide products for supermarkets in CANADA? who to contact? Etc... And step by steps. What is difficult and how much should I pay monthly or yearly or whatever is this, how much discount should I give them, how to join or not join their event and how to do, lol. I have no idea but I have good products with best price...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 14, 2011, 02:04 PM
    Is this a food item ? Is it made according to commercial food production. Business license, kitchen inspected and approved by the health department. Do you have a product liability insurance policy ?

You will have to sell to the purchasing agents of major chairs if you are going after chains, if you are going after smaller independent owned stores, you will sell either to their supply houses or will sell directly to the store.

There is a dog eat dog world, trying to get just one foot of shelf space or end caps.

Most products will give the store 30 to 40, sometimes 50 percent profit, so if the store is to sell it for 10 dollars, their cost to you will be often at 5 to 7 dollars.

Also you will need to consider what your return policy is, will you take back items that are past their shelf date if they do not sell? How are you coding each shipment so if there is a recall required on a batch, you know and can identify that item. Have you established barcoding for the item to allow them to be scanned at the stores.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should we provide more information? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife is listed as a creditor in her ex-husband's bankruptcy (chapter 7) so we got a copy of the document to verify her interests. In going through the document there appears to be quite a few things that were not declared or misrepresented - however it is beyond our ability to prove it. Is it...

My ex doesn't want to provide... [ 2 Answers ]

My "ex" has been "starting a business" for about 4 years now. As you can imagine- he has not been consistent paying child support during this time. I'm wondering how to prove his income when I finally take him to court ( I have every reason to believe he is making some sort of money, he travels a...

What MUST I provide to the defendants before trial? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a pretrial conference re: my lawsuit against an association for damage to my car. So far, things are looking good for me as we go forward to a trial (the defendants/attorney were encouraged by the mediator to make an offer, but they refused). I am alone in this, as I have no attorney. My...

Can anyone Provide an example of [ 3 Answers ]

An activity the Department of Homeland Security has engaged in that you believe supports it mission and one you do not.:confused:

View more questions Search