Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wenwoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 05:56 AM
    Mineralis?
    I received a letter from Mineralis, P.O. Box 290, NL-3730 AG De Bilt, The Netherlands, saying that I had a prize payment by cheque for AU$5,888. I was the winner of the 3rd. Prize and would be paid by cheque. In with the letter, was another letter by Dr. Howard Singh,talking about Krill Oil, and its effectiveness. Month supply was only AU$55.Plus as a thank you for the order, you would receive a gift to the value of AU$30. I think they may have obtained information that I am a Natural Therapist, and that's why this has been sent to me. I never went into any competition in the Netherlands, so I am assuming that this is a scam. Of course you have to fill out your bank details, or send a cheque, or cash. These people need to be stopped from trying to get money out of people with this sort of scam. Has anyone sent back their details of the way they are going to pay? If so, did you receive a cheque from the Netherlands? Wendy W. Of Australia.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2011, 06:00 AM
    I think most people delete thhese emails automatically.
    bma52526 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2011, 08:58 PM
    My husband received the same type of letter, Wendy, but in his letter it said that the price of the Krill Oil was $55 for 1 month supply, $85 for 2 months and $110 for 3 months. All we did was throw it in the bin and didn't reply. It's a known scam on SCAMWatch's website.
    bma52526 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2011, 09:02 PM
    Here's a very good link to look at relating to "Health Miracles" and how to avoid them. The link is from SCAMwatch's website.

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/694286
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2011, 03:40 AM
    Complete scam.

First there is no need for your bank info, for someone to send or mail you a check.

Next there is no requirement for you to send THEM money for them to send you a prize, ( they can just deduct it from winnings if there was any real payment due)

These are all scams.
    judiz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 12:55 PM
    I received a letter informing me I had won $30,000 first prize plus a bonus prize consisting of a black leather toiletry bag. I sent a registered letter with a bank cheque of $55.00 AUD, seven weeks later I received my product, toiletry bag and an out of date cheque for $5.00, purportadly for the purpose of going towards the cost of refilling my order. Obviously I never received $30,000 AUD.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2012, 01:04 PM
    Why did you have to send *them* a check for something that *you* won?
    Had you entered this lottery?
    judiz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 01:20 PM
    The cheque was to purchase the health product, and I guess you could say greed, never having won anything like this before, I just didn't think. At least I didn't give them banking details, I suppose that's one thing in my favour.
    Malvan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Some one should check where the cheque was deposited and trace the thieves and sort them out.I have received a few of these letters and just received one saying I have won $30 000 Thanks to the computer I thought I would check this so called mineralis out.Lazy trash don't want to work but rip people off.

Cheers for the info

Mal

Ps.I have always thought it to good to be true and always threw them away.
    highblood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 10:30 PM
    I got a letter saying I won $30,oooo for a ramdom Jack pot draw I live in australia winnering number 4081 were & how did you get My Address & Name & to Buy Your products
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2012, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by highblood View Post
    I got a letter saying I won $30,oooo for a ramdom Jack pot draw I live in australia winnering number 4081 were & how did you get My Address & Name & to Buy Your products
    It's all a SCAM!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is Mineralis a genuine company or a fake? [ 4 Answers ]

This company sends me letters saying I won money by random selection, but I never see the money.

View more questions Search