Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucielove143 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 08:14 PM
    Friends with benefits, or detriment?
    I was recently intimate with a friend who has a girlfriend. He expressed that he feels guilt and will not leave her; yet he would like to continue our friendship, as well as intimacy from time to time. I am confused because he has flirted with me for so long that I believed he had feelings for me, but it seems as though he just wants to play. I am not sure whether to continue our friendship at this point, especially since my feelings have grown stronger. If he does not want anything serious with me and chooses to be in a relationship, then why does he continue to flirt? Advice anyone!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2011, 10:28 PM
    Run from this guy. Run far and fast.

He's a lousy boyfriend and a terrible friend. I can't believe he even had the nerve to make the request. He wants to keep his girlfriend, but then have you as his dish on the side when it's convenient for him. You deserve better. And I think on some level you already know that.

With friends like him, you don't need enemies. Not only is he being completely disrespectful to his current girlfriend, he's also showing you a complete lack of respect for you.
    lucielove143 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 09:26 AM
    Thank you greatly for your response. You are absolutely right.
    1confused1 Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Oct 22, 2011, 04:19 PM
    I say end the friendship. He is not your friend if he's leading you on, but then says he doesn't want a relationship with you. If you let him, he will continue being with her and sleeping with the both of you. You will be letting him have his cake and eat it too. If it continues your feelings will be even more hurt. Although it may hurt now, I would say cut all ties before your feelings get deeper for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be more than friends with benefits.. [ 75 Answers ]

Okay so, I feel I've been single for too long. I want a boyfriend. Have for months and months. The last like 4 guys I tried getting to know and dating and liking ended up screwing me over after we hook up. I didn't want to believe that that's the typical guy like people say. But I'm convinced....

Friends with Benefits [ 6 Answers ]

So I have known this guy for several years. We worked together and were basically lunch friends.. nothing more. But here lately we have been hanging out a lot and it has become friends with benefits. He is really cute and I have feelings for him... but I think it is just friends with benefits......

Friends with benefits? [ 20 Answers ]

Over the last couple months I have been in a rollercoaster relationship with my ex. After about 6 weeks separated we decided to give it another try and it was barely a week together until she decided she needed more time. We decided to take a break for the summer and see how we felt in a while....

Friends with Benefits [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend just broke up with me because he didn't have real feelings for me. About a week later he wants to be friends with benefits. He said that anytime we want something we just call each other then meet up and do it. But the thing is he just wants to do it for fun but I think that I will get...

Friends with benefits [ 4 Answers ]

How can a person maintain the friends with benefits connection when you really only became friends just before becoming friends with benefits? I had this experience and I think my anxiety chased him away. I really wanted to meet up again at least once but in calling I must have sounded like I...

View more questions Search