Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mchen73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 06:04 PM
    Can you be served court papers through mail?
    My ex sent me court papers through the mail. No pink slip or signature required or anything. Does this count as being served?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2011, 06:15 PM
    In some jurisdictions this can be a way of being served. What exactly was the complaint for? Divorce? Small Claims Court?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Been served state court papers in Georgia [ 1 Answers ]

I read the question, titled "Judgement Papers Served in Georgia", posted by "Claddagh" My situation is similar. As the title says, I have been served papers for state court. Details: My daughter purchased a car through the simple "retail installment contract". I had been cornered into...

Not served papers about court date [ 1 Answers ]

I was notified 3 weeks ago I had a judgement against me last week my bank account was levied ,I was not served for court appearance 2 years ago when the judgement was issued I live in tenn do I have option now after 2 years to file a vacate of judgement ,and also how much can they take out of my...

Can I be served court papers through regular mail [ 2 Answers ]

I was served via the regular mail with a summons to appear in court. I was not given these papers via a processor or even certified mail, just regular mail. I did some research on the plaintiff and found that it is a law firm in Colorado that has a LONG track record of scamming people on debit...

Court papers served on a paid credit card bill [ 1 Answers ]

How do I respond back to the superior court on a summons that I have paid the bill in full. I have a letter written by the collection agent that states that I have paid this amount in full. What court papers do I need to fill out because they have requested "a written response in proper legal...

Served with court papers regarding a CC debt. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My question is I live in New York and was served with court papers regarding a CC debt that I have no idea what it is I have never had a credit card with the bank that they are stating on the court papers... I know I must present myself or at least my answer but I have no idea what this is...

View more questions Search