Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sara70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 01:33 PM
    Men, Do you fall in love again as much? Do you compare your exes?
    Both threads merged

When you've had a deep loving relationship at one point in your life, one that was filled with all that you've ever dreamed of and wanted, one that was about have ended up in marriage but all of the sudden life turns all around and everything that you have dreamed of and wanted ends up to be someone else's and not yours (you lose the girl of your dreams to another guy...

Can you fall in love again? If yes, can you love the person as deeply as you once loved? Or you can be in a new relationship that satisfies you but is not as loving as the one before?

You can tell that I'm a bit confused, How can I tell that the person I am with is in love with me as much as he loved his ex? I feel like I'm in constant competition with a person I have never met before

Give me your honest insights please

Is it normal for a guy to subconsciously compare his current girlfriend to his ex, the one who left him 2 years back, or does that mean that he hasn't completely healed from that break up ?
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 11, 2011, 01:59 PM
    I'd say it depends to what extent he does so.

If it's something like "My ex cooked it this way, how i prefer it" or "i used to like it when she..." etc, then I'd say he does have some issues he needs to resolve with himself.

X Dani
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2011, 02:00 PM
    I've never compared any of my EX to a GF. To me it really is comparing apples to oranges. Different people different relationships different situations.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2011, 05:25 PM
    I think after a proper healing/mourning the loss of a relationship partner, most people are ready to start over fresh without the baggage from the an old relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you fall in love at 13? [ 27 Answers ]

I am so confused everyone around me says I'm too young. I don't think so I love this boy but I really want to know is it possible to be in love when you are 13?

Men, Do you fall in love more than once? [ 9 Answers ]

All questions merged together. If you get dumped by the woman you loved deeply for almost two years and asked her hand in marriage. She was almost perfect in your eyes, everything you ever wanted ( looks wise as well as personality) and she was deeply in love with you at the beginning but...

How can I get him to fall in love with me? [ 2 Answers ]

There is this guy that I work with, he's kind of handsome but not drop dead gorgeous But there is something about him I really like. We've hung out outside of work numerous Times. One night we had a little too much and did hook up. And we still talk definitely not Anything awkward there. And...

How do I fall in love again? [ 8 Answers ]

I was with a guy for almost two years and we were in love within two months. To me our relationship was great but he had a bunch of insicurities. As a result of this it causued us to have a hard horrible break up. He said and did things that I would have never thought he would have done to me. It...

View more questions Search