Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rabbitlover123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 01:26 PM
    Do you think I will be allegic to a rabbit if I'm allergic to a guinea pig?
    I am allergic to guinea pigs I used to have a guinea pig but I felt bad becuause I did not play with him so I gave him to a wounderful family. I got a hamster for about 2 months now and have no allergic reactions. Do you think I will be allergic to a rabbit?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2011, 02:08 PM
    You need to go to a local pet store and handle a rabbit or two and see if you have the same allergic reaction you do to the guinea pigs. They are different species and you may not be allergic to rabbits.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2011, 02:48 AM
    Handling a bunny at a pet store is a great idea, you can also go down to your local animal shelter and see the bunnies there.

I don't think anyone will be able to tell you for sure if you will be allergic. I am allergic to almost everything with hair but didn't have much problem with my rabbits. Breed would play a part too as you can get different hair types.
    rabbitlover123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Thank you I got my bunny and I'm doing fine thanks!! :))))
    Sora12310 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2013, 05:16 PM
    I've been around my cousins bunny multiple times in the past 2 months and it hasn't caused me any reaction
    I just got a guinea pig and my nose is stuffy and my throat hurts
    I'm getting my allergies tested tomorrow and I'm getting a rabbit for my birthday if I'm not allergic to bunnies!! Yay!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2013, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora12310 View Post
    ive been around my cousins bunny multiple times in the past 2 months and it hasnt caused me any reaction
    i just got a guinea pig and my nose is stuffy and my throat hurts
    im getting my allergies tested tomorrow and im getting a rabbit for my birthday if im not allergic to bunnies!!! Yay!!!!
    Thanks for letting us know, but how does your post answer the OP's question?
    Misticwonderer Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 04:37 PM
    Naked animals are always great to conceder, I believe they are cuter than normal ones.
    Pets Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Misticwonderer View Post
    Naked animals are always great to conceder, I believe they are cuter than normal ones.
    Enlighten me, I'm never seen a naked bunny. There are hairless cats, and dogs, but not bunnies.
    Misticwonderer Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Enlighten me, I'm never seen a naked bunny. There are hairless cats, and dogs, but not bunnies.
    Rabbit:
    http://www.thefeaturedcreature.com/w...an8_resize.jpg
    Skinny pig:
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...cjvvo1_500.jpg
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 04:26 PM
    Read up on them. It's a recessive gene, not an actual breed. In other words, you can't breed hairless rabbits, it just happens, and not often. Most of them don't survive to adulthood because of the gene that caused the hair loss. I'm pretty sure that when someone purchases a rabbit, they want one that will live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rabbit and Guinea Pig [ 1 Answers ]

We have a female rabbit and a male guinea pig living together in a 3 story cage. All has been great for about three months but now I notice they are each pulling out patches of each others hair? Are they fighting for the domain or maybe the femaile rabbit is in heat and the male pig senses this? We...

Introducing a guinea pig to a rabbit! [ 12 Answers ]

I have a bunny who is 14 weeks old, my local pet store advised me to get a guinea pig to keep her company, any one know how I can introduce them without causing harm or discomfort to either of them please! Thank you in advance for any advice.

Introducing a rabbit to a guinea pig. [ 35 Answers ]

Alty, I need your help on this one but I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else wants to answer or was wondering the same thing :) I have 2 dwarf lop eared rabbits as you know one male (jack), one female(dora), in separate cages. My partner wants to get a guinea pig as he doesn't really...

Can a rabbit and guinea pig breed? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, So I have called several vets in my area and all of them tell me the same thing... that it is impossible for a female rabbit and a male guinea pig to breed. Here is my situation: I have a female rabbit that lives in the same pen as a male guinea pig. The female rabbit got pregnant with our...

Rabbit had baby... Guinea pig problems [ 5 Answers ]

I know u might say your not supposed to keep guinea pigs with rabbits but we do and they get along. My rabbit had babies and we didn't know for a little and once we noticed 2 were dead 2 were badly injured(now dead) and one had a few scratches and a missing ear. OK now there's 2 questions's....

View more questions Search