Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missyj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Why am I bleeding?
    For 3 months now I have been spotting on and off. Usually a pantiliner is all I need to use. The bleeding seems to be getting worse though (bleeding everyday now and heavier) with cramping and back pain everyday for the last week. I was seen by a doctor a month ago and all seems fine--no cyst, vd, or pregnancy, cervical cancer, good cbc, thyroid etc. But, the bleeding continues. Sometimes it is red w/ no smell, sometimes black with a fowl smell. Last year the same thing happened for 4 months straight and then an MD put me on the pill. After 2 months on the pill and no improvement I stopped taking the pill and the bleeding stopped the next day! But now, a year later, it is back. I started "the ring" 2 weeks ago to try and regulate things. But, the bleeding is only getting worse. What could be happening to me? I have had an IUD for 3 years--with no bleeding the first 1 1/2 years. My periods have always been irregular (45-60 days apart). I'm a 37 years old diabetic. Could a hormonal imbalance cause this bleeding?
    Lacey Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Missy - my first thoughts are to most importantly, get to your gynacologist immediately... and if you've had questions about something possibly being missed in the past then talk to female friends and family and see if they have a different doctor that you might want to bring into the opinion circle...
    My mom had long term bleeding (that was only 3 weeks but heavy) when she was in her late forties and went in to find out what was going on... she had an emergency hysterectomy the next day... not saying you would be looking at that at all, only the doctors will be able to have those decision making discussions with you, should those types of choices need to be made... BTW, mom is a healthy 77yrs old today
    I had a hysterectomy at 36yrs old due to a tumor that went from baseball size to honeydew melon size in 6 weeks... it was so completely attached to my uterus and I already knew I had blocked falopian tubes (since an infection at 18) that I knew I couldn't ever have kids "naturally" so I opted for "take in all" and don't ever come back... it was found to be non cancerous and I have been on hormone replacement therapy ever since with absolutely no further female problems whatsoever...
    These stories may have nothing at all to do with your circumstances I just told them as a further fyi...

Most importantly! Get to a doctor you trust and let them look around thoroughly and you should get a difinitive answer on what's going on and help finding your path back to clarity and health!
    KAYLI2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 07:52 AM
    I have been on birth control 4 a very long time and i bleed like everyday i have to wear tampons or pads everyday and that"s not good it can mess you up really bad but i need to see my obgyn to see why i bleed everyday

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding... [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, this may be a weird question, but I'm kind of worried. Since last night, when I poop, I bleed. I'm bleeding from my rectum, and today it was so bad that there were drops of blood in the toilet. I don't bleed during the day, it only bleeds when I poop. I thought it was my period at first, but...

Bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

Hello sir I am narinder singh I want and help , when I do brush or eat something hard I bleed from my gums, Suggest me what should I do ? I am in UK from last two years and I am facing this problem , I have not taken any medicine for this so please tell me what do do. Thanks

Bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

When you experince implantion bleeding are you supposed to have back aches and cramping.and is the bleeding supposed to be little to no bleeding at all.

Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my dog was spayed today and now she is bleeding from the cut. Is that normal??

What Is The Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband and I have been trying to get P for 6 months now my last cycle started on 17/04/05 o was on 30/04/05 we had intercourse around that day and that day next cycle was due 15/05/05 on 09/05/05 I was discharging a light red muck like mucus this occurred for 6 days on and off nothing big...

View more questions Search