Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 04:11 PM
    ATV has spark but won't start
    I have a Chinese youth ATV. It worked fine earlier this year but then the battery was removed. I now have a new battery, I have filled the tank with new gas, and I have spark. If I spray gas directly into the cylinder and put the spark plug back in, it will fire up but then die as soon as that gas is burned up. A second or two. I have checked the fuel filter and gas line up to the carb and that is fine. Gas is flowing to the top of the carb.

Any ideas? What do I check next if all of this is working? It's just not getting gas to where it needs to go.

Thanks,
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2011, 06:14 PM
    See if the needle valve in the carb is plugged or if the float is stuck. If it fires with gas in the cylinder it is most likely dirt or congealed gas. Is this a 2 stroke? If so, most likely gas has evaporated and the oil is blocking the jet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda civic no start/low spark tries to start [ 1 Answers ]

2000 Honda Civic- Had installed used v-tech engine has new distributor, plugs, wires, cap. New clutch kit, ran great. About 3-4 days later had horrible miss, random miss. Changed crank sensor, still just cranks. Numerous testing on computer, ignition, distributor- all sensors working correctly....

Tried to start my troy bilt TB90BC weed eater, and it won't start. Replaced the spark [ 0 Answers ]

Tried to start my troy bilt TB90BC weed eater, and it won't start. Replaced the spark plug, and checked for spark; have a little, but some. Cleaned out carburetor and put it all together the same way it come apart, but prior to this fuel was flowing out of the muffler after priming and pulling cord...

Kfx400 atv will not start [ 8 Answers ]

2003 kfx400 won't start will turn over but it won't start it has spark and gas but won't start it started for 2 minutes drove down the street and died out. It won't start again even with starting fluid. Held gas wide open nothing happened, it cranks but won't fire up. Some white smoke was coming...

No spark won't start [ 6 Answers ]

1999 Honda CR-V all wheel drive 2.0 liter I replaced the distributor cap and the ignition control module with new The coil is with in range of Chilton's Manual .6 ohm and 16,500 ohm The spark plug wires are all in the 6500 ohm range I have not found any blown fuses What else is there that...

View more questions Search