Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greateyes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 12:24 PM
    Social Security Question
    My daughter get a social security check because her dad is disable. He was making direct payments to a Fl pre-paid college fund starting in 2004. Then 2 years ago he set it up so it would be taken from his bank account. I was told 3 months ago he could not put ss money into a pre-paid college fund. Can someone please shed light on this.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 10, 2011, 03:28 PM
    You are confusing me. If he was making direct payments, which later became payments directly from his bank account, how do you figure this is "Social Security money"? Just because he received money from Social Security, and may have used that money to fund a college fund, doesn't make what he has been paying "Social Security Money". It is, when he pays it into the fund, his money. Where he got it is immaterial.

If Social Security were to pay into the college fund directly, then I have no idea if what you were told, something to the effect that this cannot be done, is or is not correct.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2011, 05:39 PM
    I see no problem with using SS money to go to a prepaid college fund. Where or who gave you this misinformation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security disability,unemployment and social security [ 2 Answers ]

I got approved for ssdi but got disapproved for ssi because my unemployment can I later get ssi after my unemployment is finished?:(

Who can answer my social security disability question quick [ 3 Answers ]

I just got my hearing letter from social security and don't think I can do this due to fear and feel I will mess things up. I have no lawyer and have tried to get one and was turned down by 3. If I stop my disability case now will it hurt me in the future? I think I applied to soon before I went...

Supplemental security income and social security disability income? [ 2 Answers ]

If you are approved for supplemental security income and social security disability will you get full benefits from both or will it get cut in half and if your children receive ssi will their benefit be effected?

Social security [ 1 Answers ]

I work and get social security How much money can I earn without losing my social security I always send my copies of my checks to them the amount vaires biweekly and it no more than 200.00

View more questions Search