Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theredbaron Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 11:46 AM
    My boyfriend's ex-wife trying to get back into his life... And mine!
    My boyfriend and I have been living together for just about two years now and we are extremely happy. We've already gone through the "living together power struggle" and made it through fine. We've known each other for nearly ten years and are well acquainted with each other's families and are very open with each other. I knew before he moved down to my state and into my house that he had an ex-wife and it was a nasty ordeal, but was okay with it because they had essentially no contact.

She's a strange character and we had to block her from our facebooks due to her snooping on both of our pages. I had never met her, but only heard things (pretty unpleasant ones) from my boyfriend and others who had met her. She apparently has a substance abuse issue, and gets quite nasty when she's inhebriated. After their split up she would call my boyfriend's parents (two very nice people) all hours of the night saying terrible things about my boyfriend, saying that he sold drugs, was a thief, a wife beater... Just extremely horrible things.

So I was both excited and mortified when I found out we were going to be at the same wedding (which happened about a month ago), excited for the wedding, and mortified that I would have to be in the same room as her! To my relief, the wedding went fine and she was civil, but something strange happened. She approached me the first moment I was alone and said "I know you know who I am..." which was a really weird way to greet a stranger... And she went on to say there were no hard feelings, but she really creeped me out.

Being civil is fine, actually better than fine, but who wants to be friends with their ex-husband's new girlfriend, and why would I want to be her friend? After the 12 hour drive home we found that she had friend requested both of us on Facebook... We waited a few days but ultimately accepted, simply because we didn't want to offend her and give her a reason to start her nasty shenanigans she is so well known for. Now she comments on everything I do and posts things on my boyfriend's wall almost everyday. I try not to let it get to me, but it's like a constant slap in the face.

My boyfriend and I are young, I'm 22 and he's 25, we would like to continue this pleasant new life we've created together that's working so well, but the ex-wife always cyberly hanging around is really starting to get to me! Neither of us have any interest in talking to her, seeing her, or being friends with her, but she's making sure that she is at the forefront of Facebook every time I go to catch up with my friends... Always posting cutesy stuff on his wall, he doesn't respond at all to anything she sends him, but it really does hurt my feelings that she has reposted their wedding and honeymoon photos and continuously tags him in them and writes sentimental comments! What the heck and I supposed to do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 10, 2011, 05:13 PM
    You both need to DE friend her. Never should have friended her.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2011, 09:31 PM
    "Neither of us have any interest in talking to her, seeing her, or being friends with her"

Stick to that.

Facebook, and whatever. De-friend her, stop looking, checking, etc...

"but it really does hurt my feelings that she has reposted their wedding and honeymoon photos and continuously tags him in them and writes sentimental comments! What the heck and I supposed to do?"

You as much to blame for involving yourself in her drama.

She can do what she wants. You both do yours.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2011, 07:25 AM
    Two words, Limited profile!
    samm101 Posts: 32, Reputation: 15

Oct 13, 2011, 02:42 PM
    Block her, you don't need to be friends with her. Your boyfriend should follow suit
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2014, 07:15 PM
    LOL, Facebook, I thought she was seriously really in your life, like calling boyfriend and trying to date him.

Why do people take Facebook so seriously.

First you never should have become friends with her, you let her into your life,
    You should take her off your friends list and make your profile available, only to people who are friends.

Please, put this at the level it really is, it is something you allowed to happen,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Abusive father threatening my boyfriend's life [ 5 Answers ]

I am 28 years old, but have an abusive father who disapproves of and has been threatening my boyfriend. My father has had anger management issues for as long as I can remember, and has been extremely controlling of my mother and me. His outbursts have typically been limited to destruction of...

My boyfriend's life? [ 14 Answers ]

We are both 21 and I live by myself near him sometime and passé a week with me,when my boyfriend wake up in morning he can't take a shower he just wacht his face and his arm. Can you tell me it is possible for my boyfriend don't take shower in a morning ? Him always sleep and tired but I don't what...

Jealous of boyfriend's life [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a good life. A loving family, a good paying job with a great future, and is the happiest person I know. I love that about him, and I'm so glad that someone I care so much about has a very good life. But I'm starting to feel weird. My family isn't what you'd call the...

View more questions Search