Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josepjerry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 11:24 PM
    Writing SQL query output into text files of fixed size
    I have a stored procedure in MySQL that writes the output of a query to a textfile
    Using SELECT * FROM tbl INTO OUTFILE <file_name_datetime>. I call this procedure from a Linux shell script for automated file generation.

I want to configure this process, by defining the maximum filesize during a scheduled run.
    If the filesize exceeds the limit, write the rest of data into a second file and if second file
    Exceeds the limit, then into a third and so on. Can anyone help?

Check out some similar questions!

How to reference multiple tables in a SQL Server Query/select Statement [ 1 Answers ]

When running a select statement select field1, field2, field3, field4 from table1 The values for field2 and field3 are a "code"... The value of the code in field2 is in table2, and the value for the code in field3 is in table3 Example: Field2=16 , In the employee table, There is a column...

Old Simple Text files with sound enbedded [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found old Simple Texte files that had a soundtrack. Back then there was a free add-on to Simple Text that added the ability to record voice onto the file and save it as a regular Simple Text file. On OS X these files appears as a generic fil. I can open the with TextEdit but can' get...

How to get the highest number only as output in sql [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir , I would like to know how to get the highest number as display.Fpr example a set of ages are in the database.I need only the highest age as output

Writing files on CD writ [ 1 Answers ]

When I write files on the CD writer a window:mad: is opened telling me that there is no disc in the drive while I was put the CD in the drive please I need help:confused:

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.