Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laxforlife92 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Feb 5, 2007, 07:42 AM
    2007 Superbowl, Colts vs. Bears
    Are the Colts really that good of a team? I just think that they didn't face any hard offenses. But still they did beat the number 1, 2, and 3 defenses. Just looking for some feedback on this question.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2007, 07:57 AM
    When the pressure is on, anything can happen. Reminded me of the BCSC national championship game.

... but in this case the team I was rooting for won. :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2007, 08:18 AM
    My bias is I'm a bears fan by marriage... wife is long suffering fan from forever ago.

Obviously last team standing is champion. That doesn't always mean best. I thought san diego was going to hoist the trophy. And if my bethrothed's beloved bears won, id certainly say they weren't the best overall, just that day. They might have been the best in the league the first several games, but after that did just enough to not lose most of the time. None of the fire from the st louis game was there.

What I saw last night was a colts team that was absolutely beatable versus a bears team with absolutely no reliable offense. The bears offense of the front of the season is nowhere to be seen. The defense played well enough to win... even through the ponies moved the ball, I was surprised at how they didn't score more points.

Maybe that's bias from seeing the "old" manning led colts, the team that absolutely lit up the board. Yes, they scored, but to go into halftime with a slim lead... it sure seemed they wouldve been up a little more. Guess I can't forget the rain might have had both sides holding back a touch on the passing... but its had to think manning wouldn't just take a shot if he thought someone was open. Point is not to pick on manning, it's that it seemed like they were beatable.

So props to the colts. They won out the playoffs. They are the deserving champions.
    miss k Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Way props to the colts! And I'm a Bears fan! Don't get me wrong. I love the Bears. They just need to get rid of Wrecks Grossman.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Feb 5, 2007, 06:22 PM
    I don't like the Bears. On some occasions bears have been known to attack people. :D

Feb 5, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Not really the answer I was looking for but OK
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 03:37 PM
    A competent qb might have made a different, but they played well short handed as it was so congrats to Payton and the Colts who showed up big in the playoffs.

Feb 6, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    True he was good, but was it also that the other teams were terrible.
    djdirtydog Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laxforlife92
    Are the Colts really that good of a team? I just think that they didn't face any hard offenses. But still they did beat the number 1, 2, and 3 defenses. Just looking for some feedback on this question.
    I really don't think they are that good. I just think the NFL is on a down side right now. If this team played in the '80s or 90' they wouldn't get past the first round of the playoffs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One more question about Care Bears! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is a Movie or part of the TV show... but I'm pretty sure it was carebears... and they went to a summer camp, and there was this villain that would change into different animals when it slept... and it wore this necklace with some amulet thing on it... and to get to it's "lair"...

Just tell me how you feel about the Indianapolis Colts? [ 2 Answers ]

I love the Colts and I want to know if there are any one else out in internet Land that love colts too? I love the COLTS!

Superbowl [ 4 Answers ]

What was the last host city to have their team in the superbowl?

2007 ford mustang gt prem [ 3 Answers ]

Due to the unreliabilty of my 2002 nissan altima 2.5s, the sole reason I got this piece of sh.. I was thinking of purchasing a 2007 ford mustang gt. Does anyone have any experience with the reliabilty of this vehicle?

View more questions Search