Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lippo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 07:09 PM
    York gas furnace troubleshooting?
    My furnace is 15 years old I tried to turn it on today and the ignitor never heated up nor did gas ever flow to the unit. I tested the ignitor and it works what could the problem be?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2011, 12:37 AM
    The circuit that proves the igniter. I would just replace the whole assembly as it usually goes out at the same time, but keep the parts. DrTom4444
    badhabbit54 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 03:08 PM
    I have a coleman furnace what happens is the burner goes out and just blows cold air could it it be the upper reset switch?
    badhabbit54 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 03:11 PM
    I have a colman gas furnace and the burner keeps going out could it be the upper reset switch
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
    You have to find out why something occurs that shuts off the gas valve from the hi-limit switch. It could be that the fan motor or capacitor is bad, or the fan switch is bad or set wrong. It can also be that the filter is stopped up, or the AC coils are stopped up. Something is keeping the airflow too low for it to trip the hi-limit if it is tripping. You are just going to have to get in there with a meter and find out what is wrong.
    tclark5611 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2013, 07:21 PM
    I have a York gas furnace it made a clicking noise and started blowing cold air it will not come back on what's wrong?
    tclark5611 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2013, 07:29 PM
    What kind of meter?
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2013, 07:15 AM
    You need a good digital volt/ohm meter (that also does millivolts if you want to check thermocouples, otherwise this feature is not needed.). You can get good ones at Radio Shack for anywhere from $24.99 to more. I have this one and it works great. You absolutely cannot do anything without a meter. Also, here is a manual: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ent=CT2032235# (Make sure when meter is on "ohms" you turn off all power to unit and discharge a capacitor before you test it.)
    knucklehead 194 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2013, 04:13 AM
    I have a York furnace 80 percent it sometime it cycles several times before it will stay going it does everything it should but once its lit it shuts down and repeats the cycle I have tried cleaning the flame sensor with no luck an thoughts ? Thanks tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York gas furnace troubleshooting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a couple of problems with my York gas furnace. First, it has a # 8 fault code which from what I understand is caused when the flame is lost 5 times. My second issue is that one of my burners is lazy and I think my heat exchanger is cracked. Does anybody have experience with that code and...

York furnace troubleshooting? [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace lights and I hear it burn, but it stops before the temp goes beyond 66 degrees.

York furnace troubleshooting? [ 0 Answers ]

My gas furnace periodically goes to rollout lockout when very cold outside.I wonder if a weak sensor is my culprit.Air flow seams to be a problem at times.the rollout sensors are fine. What to do?

York gas furnace troubleshooting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 15 year old York Stella-Plus gas (propane) furnace. The system operates a few minutes and then immediately shuts off. The propane dealer (who originally installed the furnace) has been out 6 times this last heating system. They have replaced the flame sensor, flame ignitor, burners, 3...

York furnace troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

HVAC replaced circuit board on my york gas furnace New board has a green light that flashes continuously on/off about every 1 second When furnace is running this light changes to red and flashes at same rate Is this normal?

View more questions Search