Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abu47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Crown Lengthening
    Tooth #29 broke partially, the dentist saya I need a crown, but to do that I need a root canal a post, crown lengthening and the crown, is this worthy? Should I get it pulled? Please advice
    Allenda Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2011, 02:24 AM
    The only problem with "just getting it pulled" is that there will be a hole where once a tooth was and being #29 it could possibly be in plain view when you smile. But of course this is a purely esthetic issue and nothing more, Having one missing tooth can cause others nearby/upper counterpart also to lean forwards, backwards, sideways, extend become elongated. As there would be nothing there to hold them back. I personally would recommend taking the root canal and post + crown option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

Crown Lengthening [ 4 Answers ]

I have had crowns on my two front teeth for all of my adult life due to falling and breaking them. Recently one crown and tooth broke off at the gum line. Over the years (I am 56) my teeth had shifted and I had a small gap between my 2 front teeth that I hated. My dentist suggested making 4...

Crown lengthening necessary? [ 23 Answers ]

I had a root canal on Fri and went back to the dentist on Mon for a temp crown and fitting for a permanent crown. The dentist took out the temp crown that the endodontist had used and grinded away most of my tooth. After that, she drew me a diagram, told me that I needed a crown lengthening and...

Crown lengthening [ 3 Answers ]

My son had an exam and x-rays. I was told he would need a root canal and then a crown on the same 1st molar. Root canal was done, and there was no mention of the condition of the tooth. 2 days later my son went in for the 1st visit for the crown - the impression, cutting down of tooth, etc. ...

View more questions Search