Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DragonRider11 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 05:57 PM
    Is it possible to update a Google Doc by re-uploading a file from your computer?
    I'm writing a book. I uploaded the file from my computer to Google Docs and shared it, but I want to update it by re-loading the computer file onto the Google Doc, overwriting it. How can I do this?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Nov 16, 2014, 04:52 PM
    Google drive will accept mutable files with the same file name. This would make it hard to figure out where you were. Appending the name to include a sequence number or date may help and give you the ability to roll back to an earlier version if need be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

I messed up a word doc file! [ 2 Answers ]

And now they're all messed up. Boy I was doing so well as far as not making stupid mistakes on Pc for a long time. Guess I was overdue for a screw-up! I run Vista Home Basic x64 and I have about 20-30 Word 2003 document files. I just through reformatting and loading windows, but it was before I...

Uploading a file for download [ 4 Answers ]

This is probably pretty simple but Im so razzled right now, I can't think... I have an audio file that I want to make available to all of our employees (who are located across the US). I uploaded it to our server and posted a link directly to the file. EX: ...

.wps file to word doc or notepad [ 7 Answers ]

Is there a way to convert wps file to word, or notepad, if yes could u please tell me. One of the student have wps file in her e-mail and want to open it up in word/notepad at school because we don't have wps at school. Thanks, Hadi88

Uploading a V.O.B. File to YouTube [ 2 Answers ]

A live video feed was loaded onto my hard drive in a V.O.B. format. This was done through a "dazzle" device. I want to upload this video onto YouTube. I have never uploaded any video to YouTube. Can video in that format be uploaded? If so, please provide step-by-step instuctions. If I edit...

View more questions Search