Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drillmaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Need a new roof limited income any advice please
    I need a new roof cause every time it rains water drips all over the problem is limited funds any advise ?
    danacasaccio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2011, 03:54 PM
    Absolutely, call a roofing company to inspect your roof! It won't cost a thing, and if they find damages caused by "An Act of God" your homeowners insurance will buy you a new roof.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2011, 04:00 PM
    I will follow up on the above, if the damage to the roof is caused by storms or other weather issues, yes your home insurance will pay according to its policy, so depending if you have a high deductable, is it 500 or 5000 deductable. It makes a large difference. Next if it is a old roof, does your policy cover replacement cost or does it depreciate the payment.

Next if the insurance is going to pay for it, never give any roofer a check prior to them starting, make sure there is material in on the ground and roofers at the door before you pay even a penny, you may have to pay 1/4 of the amount the day they deliver the material, but not before it shows up. And never ever pay in full until the job is done.
    Old Soldier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2012, 05:46 PM
    If the roof damage is due to age or "normal wear and tear," no matter how severe that damage is, insurance companies will not cover it; and if it is due to storm damage, expect the insurance company to reduce the amount they pay - in addition to your deductable - by a factor related to the age of the roof. Sorry.

If you are 62 years old or older, some of the better credic counseling services know of institutions which will repair or replace your room for little or nothing. Hope this helps.

- Old Soldier

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My roof has a layer of ice building on the inside of the roof,I'm wondering why? [ 3 Answers ]

Weeks.would love to here if this has happin to anyone.. I am new to this fourm...

Need advice for snaking pipes from the roof. [ 0 Answers ]

Our washer drains into a tub that drains into a pipe that goes under the house. It is draining very slowly and backin up into our guest bath tub. The kitchen sink doesn't seem to be involve, but we are avoiding doing dishes until we get this worked out. The guest bathroom sink is draining very...

I am building a truss roof over a flat roof.the size is 9'wx9'd.where do I begin this [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a gable roof over a flat roof at our church.It is 9'wx9'l.How do I determine the height of the center rafter?

Small roof to protect heat pump from snow off metal roof [ 5 Answers ]

We are getting a metal roof put on our old house. This means that the snow will slide off and land onto our air source heat pump. We need to construct a small roof to protect it. We were thinking of extending the 2 x 6 roof rafters another 4 feet and then having 2 x6 or 4 x 4's going back to the...

View more questions Search