Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrichards Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 09:54 AM
    Father of the bride engagement party toast
    Could you provide an example of a father of the bride engagement party toast
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2011, 10:04 AM
    These sites have some good ideas:

Engagement Toasts - Sample Engagement Party Toasts

Father of the bride toast

Wedding Toasts for the Father of the Bride

If you Google "engagement toasts father of the bride" (without quote marks), you should be able to find other sites with suggestions.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2011, 11:18 AM
    I have been fortunate to be Best Man three times so far in my life, and, I have learned the hard way that the only way to give an effective toast is NOT to read from the page. The best toasters, I have found, are those that have a general idea of what they are going to say and then stand up and say it from the heart.

By not reading it or having it memorized, it will come across much better. The essentials are the opening and closing of the toast. The middle is going to come from your heart. Think about important memories you have of her growing up. Relate the feeling of pride and joy you have for the adult she has become. It will be great!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engagement Party Speech [ 1 Answers ]

My mom is throwing my fiancé and I an engagement party this weekend. We'd like to thank everyone for coming and being a part of the wedding, etc. etc. Does anyone have any good ideas for a toast to our guests? Also... we have been secretly house hunting and found a new house. Our families know but...

Reciprocity in weddings-- should a bride be in her bridesmaid's wedding party? [ 4 Answers ]

I got married two and a half years ago. A year before the wedding, I met our best man's girlfriend. After getting to know her, I asked her to be a bridesmaid. Now, we are pretty good friends. She and the best man are getting married soon. The soon-to-be groom has already asked my husband to...

Engagement Party [ 4 Answers ]

My son has just announced he is getting married. They live in a different state and the parents plan on having an engagement party for them and we are planning a party In our state also. My husband does not want to attend the party for the brides family in another state because he feels it is...

Engagement Party Invitation [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating a man for 2 years. He is divorced and his second wife, now divorced wife, is hosting an engagement party for their daughter. I have never met his ex-wife, but have met his daughter several times. Since I will be visiting him on the weekend of the party, his daughter invited me...

Engagement party [ 1 Answers ]

Does the groom have to make a speech at the engagement party?

View more questions Search